Chapter 25

To All My Sweethearts Reading~

Wishing You All A Very *Late* Happy New Year & Makar Sakranti 🤗

_____

"I met Ravi today."

Sitting on the dining table, he raised the topic while following his gaze gingerly to his sister, her state visibly lost as she stepped out of the kitchen with a casserole of chapattis in her hand.

His mother, Sheetal sitting to his right filling the glass with water acknowledged him with a smile as Manik continued while looking at his wife who was serving him "He has proposed an alliance for his brother-in-law with Meera."

"Meera?" Amazed by his words, Sheetal spared a glance at her daughter who while settling beside the chair seemed taken aback by the topic "As in our Meera?"

Sheetal frowned when he affirmed in confirmation whereas Meera found her eyes moving towards her bhabhi who herself seemed surprised "Why? Doesn't he know Meera is still underage? She is yet to turn eighteen. What did you reply anyway?"

Letting the morsel down his throat, Manik stayed attentive to his meal "Nothing. It was just nice catching up with him."

Mulling over the subject, Sheetal a bit curious asked further "Did he tell you anything about his brother-in-law? What is his name? And what does he do for a living?"

"Maa!"

Having Meera raise her voice a little in an objection, Sheetal shrugged "I'm just asking in general. We might want to fix an alliance with him in future."

"Ravi has shared his brother-in-law's picture with me. His name is Mukul. He is in the army and is recently promoted to captain. But I have not looked at his picture yet. Neither I'm planning to wed my sister anytime soon. She has a long way to go and ace something in her life." Meera sighed inwardly hearing her brother making Manik glance her way vividly as he made no room for argument before tossing a counter at her "I hope you're studying well for your coming semester?"

Paling over his query, Meera smiled reluctantly "You don't have to worry, bhaiya."

Nandini had a small smile over Meera's reply, albeit the growing infatuation within her for Krish is biting the back of her mind with worries.

Wrapping up in the kitchen, Nandini carried the jar filled with water to take it to her room until her eyes caught the lights coming from her mother-in-law's room.

Deciding to check on her, she padded her way only to halt by the threshold when she found Sheetal peeping through the window.

"Maa, whom are you looking at? Is there someone outside?" Nandini's unannounced voice startled Sheetal but she calmed down soon enough finding her by the door.

"No, I was just-" Sheetal didn't want to fret her, but given Nandini was the only person aware of the happening, Sheetal looked out of the window before replying in a hush "I saw Manav."

The fright in her eyes was quite prominent as Nandini stepped inside before checking out of the window.

She could see a shadow lurking around the street, and she also knew he was there in the evening as well.

Heaving a sigh, she shut the window before suggesting determinedly "Maa, it's high time we let Manik know about it."

"I-" Feeling her mouth dry, Sheetal shook her head in denial "I don't want my son to go through all of it again, Nandini. He has suffered a lot because of Manav. Let's not add more to his past torment."