Chapter 32

Whilst the hymn of stotram, the pleasant fragrance of incense surrounding the devotees, the chorus sing- prays the aarti to praise Lord Shiva, Nandini couldn't miss the solemness she could find in the smouldering gaze of her man.

The unforeseen and anticipated response after unveiling the truth had Nandini contemplate her decision.

Manav- the subject as such who has the potential power of spoiling even without his presence.

Taking blessings from the warmth of offered aarti, her heart overwhelmed with the divinity of lord Shiva, she pivoted over to run her hand through his temple to pass the blessings as well only to come across his rigid stance.

The rigidity which after falling upon her abated gradually, a crease faintly lined over his forehead when found angst in them.

And he understood the depth of it without being told.

"You're afraid of my bearing." He concluded hoarsely, seated on the stairs of the temple whilst hearing her heave out an oscillating breath as he craned his head to take a glance at her small face.

The obviousness was apparent by the snivelling of her breath while he looked far ahead at nowhere until he heard her "I didn't want to hide the truth, but I was scared. I am scared, Manik. I'm scared of your anger. I'm scared of what if our past triggers you to behave unthinkably again. I am still not sure if you have come over of your loathing of our early betrothal. And with Manav's reappearance, I all over went through the dread of your unfathomable step you took five years back."

The confession of her fear had Manik's gaze weaver slightly, his conscience berating him for his defeat to abate the fright in her thoughts related to his actions.

All the thoughts of apprehensions she has been dwelling deep down made Manik mortified of his incapability of being a compatible companion to his lady

And her not having enough faith in him had hit him in the core of his heart.

Is he so impotent in her perceptions that she cannot even let her concerns related to his past without being afraid of his reactions?

His line of vision set on the peeking presence of the setting sun behind the hills, his stance rigid, he settled on a decision, that came with a determined thought.

Racking her gaze around, the surreal place invading her troubled thoughts and replacing them with admiration, Nandini clicked out of her marvel hearing the jiggling of keys the caretaker of the cabin made whilst opening the door for them to enter.

Getting acquainted with the accessibility available in the cabin, from the fireplace to the washroom commodities, Manik escorted the caretaker before latching the door shut.

Making his way to the cabin room with the arrangement of bedding leading its way to the backyard of the little sitting, his feet hesitated when he found the discarded trench coat and scarf on the mattress placed on the wooden flooring before blessing his sight with his wife who stood with her back facing him, more precisely a backless view of her in the white long Anarkali.

Desires surfaced in his mind, now that the truth is out, he was regarding the thoughts he had that morning of making love to her.

Howbeit, he still vacillated as he had other matters in hand to commence.

With his phone going off and the caller id displaying Sheetal's name, his breathing vexed with the displeasure of his mother's doings until Nandini's attention snapped away hearing the ring, she matched her gaze with his before taking his ringing phone to answer.