Chapter 24

All blushing and smiles, fingers fidgeting reminiscing all the moment spent in that spur, Meera looked up at her bhabhi walking inside the office, her appearance stoic recalling how she caught her near him.

Although she had her doubts, catching them in the act had Nandini shaken to the inside.

Krish and Meera, together behind the closed door of the same chamber they are now, in each other arms was something Nandini was not expecting to come across.

Just when she opened her mouth, Meera cut into it hesitantly "What you saw was... mutual."

Nandini somehow was aware of the growing infatuation of Meera, however, she wasn't sure if Krish was into it as well.

He is working around her, for now, two months have made Nandini understand his personality. He sure didn't seem to be into fling things, but him doing something serious like a relationship also didn't seem to be his deal.

Meera is still seventeen and going to turn eighteen in two months, while Krish is nineteen. A year older but snobbish-ly immature by his act.

And hearing him having mutual feelings didn't sit well with Nandini.

Finding Nandini in dilemma, Meera hesitantly took her Bhabhi's hand to make her sit on the chair beside her before she knelt in front of her "Bhabhi, I wanted to tell you but I couldn't muster thinking how would you react. Please say something."

Looking at the girl who she has carried in her arms, played house with, shielded from her brother's scoldings, and taken care of her like a mother, Nandini didn't know how to let her inner instincts out in front who seemed to be hopelessly into it.

"I don't know about Krish, but are you sure it's not just an infatuation, Meera?" Nandini's counter fazed Meera as her smile dimmed, whereas for Nandini, she couldn't be more concerned about her "Sometimes we act on impulse and then regret and I don't want you to regret, Meera. You're still very young to name your emotion."

Staring at her bhabhi for a while, Meera smiled softly "You fell for bhaiya at the age of mere five."

There is no lie in her words, but it all started with an attraction for Nandini if she names it correctly.

From attraction to interaction, to friendship, to bondage, and courtship.

They have been through all.

Having her not respond, Meera sighed "Bhabhi, I understand your concern regarding Krish..but trust me, you don't have to worry. We won't do anything which will upset you all."

"Has Krish spoken about how he feels?" Meera gulped on Nandini's valid counter while her unresponsive state answered her question "Meera, sweetheart before anything be sure how the person opposite takes you as."

"His eyes speak it out, Bhabhi." Meera replied recalling how his smouldering sight holds her, her smile soft which Nandini could perceive through her scrutinizing gaze "And whatever it is, I am sure he feels it too."

"I have made the same mistake once, Meera." She was reminded how she mistook Manik's acceptance of her Gauna to be his accepting her love for him.

Although he felt for her, the depth of Manik's grief was making it impossible for him to step closer to her. Even after accepting, the hurdles and the ghost of his past defeated him into retreating his steps back.

And she for sure didn't want Meera to do the same mistake she did five years back.

It's either better to be vocal than conclude one's capers because the action can be deceiving but words cannot.