Chapter 29

Nandini was lost.

Lost in the mesmerizing sight before her. She was lost in its serenity, the peacefulness it gave to her eyes as well as her mind was soothing.

Manik wouldn't have counted himself less. He was as spent as her, the only difference was the trance which was instead cast over his seraphic beauty which was glowing altogether differently.

"Why don't we have such serenity in our city?"

His daze dissolved on her query, eyes moving downwards as his fingers itched to crawl between the gap of her fingers which curled and grip the parapet of the bridge they stood on the way to MG Marg, Gangtok.

He was thinking unholy.

Her given transformed appearance in that knee-length balloon-sleeved dress which she paired up with over-the-knee boots, much to his dismay was stirring up his ability to think straight.

Sighing, he started moving making her snap out of her oblivion and ran on his trail.

"Manik, wait." Catching up his pace, she looped her arms around his taking a breath "Are we seriously on our honeymoon, because one wouldn't make their wife chase her husband like that?"

"Not my fault if you can't run in those boots." He snorted feeling hostility toward them for hiding the anklet he made her wear that morning.

"What so wrong about my boots? I can very well run and sprint on them. It's just it's drizzling and I'm afraid I would slip." She reasoned whilst rubbing her nose on his sleeves to get some warmth on her freezing nose "You won't want a broken wife on your honeymoon, now do you?"

She was acting cute and he wouldn't lie, he was taking pleasure in all the attention she gave indirectly to manofy him, although they need to talk about the last day.

They reached the downtown MG Marg, and Nandini loved what her eyes saw.

Starting with the statue of Mahatma Gandhi, shopping experience, restaurants, cafes food outlets offering delectable delicacies, to those benches near the lamppost, the road simply had all the focal points a tourist could ask for

Manik was proud to see those sparks in his wife's gaze, his smile narrowly contouring his face and hearing her take a dreamy sigh.

Deciding to get done with their brunch, they first headed to an eatery which reads pure veg since it was Thursday and Nandini being a religious strictly follows her 'T' days, whereas Manik wouldn't dare to breech his wife's beliefs.

Nandini felt unable to let her eyes off the view of the restaurant as they waited for their food to arrive until her attention was obtained by the chime of her phone denoting a message.

Throwing a glimpse at her phone, she kept it down facing the table, her face suddenly grim which fell to Manik's notice.

"What happened? Who's it?" He probed reading her face as she looked at him muttering "Krish."