Chapter 3

I went back to my apartment, thinking about whether or not I should do this

I went back to my apartment, thinking about whether or not I should do this. After all, if this person was a serial killer, he could be really dangerous, but I have fought him once before, I can do this.

I ripped out a piece of paper from a notebook laying around and took out a pen from my table. "I can write all my discoveries here," I thought. 

So far I only knew that this person was a man, Ottawa was a big city it was going to be difficult to find him. "I need an ally who can accompany me on this journey," I told myself as I unlocked my phone scrolling through my contacts list. I came across Ethan's name and wondered if he'd be willing to come, after all his sister was one of the victims.

But I didn't want to put him in danger so I scratched that idea. I walked out of my house in search of a nice cafe where I could have some coffee. I came across something called "Simply Biscotti" my legs were too tired to walk any longer so I found myself a table. 

Suddenly I felt a hand tap my shoulder, I turned my head to see who it was, it was the girl who helped me yesterday! 

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I asked.

"Whoa chill, my office is nearby and I just came to have some coffee," She said "I'm Taylor by the way," She said sticking her hand out for a handshake. I shook her hand.

"Oh ok, I just thought," I said. She took a seat beside me and ordered herself some cake. 

"Why did you lie to me and the cops?" She asked. Uh oh! I wasn't expecting that, how did she know anyway? I figured playing dumb was my best option right now.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to look puzzled but I'm not sure how well I did.

"Don't act dumb" She said rolling her eyes, "I'm not sure why you lied considering you didn't actually kill her, did you?"

"Of course I didn't," I said. "How did you know that anyway"

"I can tell when people lie, and you are a terrible liar," She said. Now I was really annoyed, how dare she say such a thing! But then I thought of it differently, she seemed really smart, if I could convince her to help me then I may have more chances of coming out of this alive.

"Is that a yes?"

"Huh? What?" I asked confused.

"I asked you if wanted to have dinner together," She said sounding annoyed that I didn't pay attention to her the first time.

"Sure," I said.

"You look like you wanna say something," She said eyeing me up and down. 

"I do actually, I'm just not sure how to ask this," I said lowering my eyes

"I do actually, I'm just not sure how to ask this," I said lowering my eyes. "But I'm gonna say it anyway" 

Taylor didn't say anything but nodded her head.

"I'm going to find the serial killer and kill them myself," I said, just realizing how bizarre that sounded.

She spat out her coffee spilling some of it on the table "Are you crazy?" 

"Uh no," I said. 

"I'll think about it," she said leaving some money on the table and left.

I wasn't sure if telling her was the smartest decision. She could rat me out, but they couldn't stop me could they? I got home and decided to take a nap, I deserved it after all I'd done today. I got on my bed and put on a panda sleeping mask and dozed off. I woke up not sure what the time was, I reached out for my phone and it turned out I was late! 

I quickly got up and washed my face put on the first pair of clothes I could come across and hurried down the stairs. I got on the first cab I could find, halfway through the journey Taylor called me, I didn't want to reply because I was going to meet her anyway. Finally, I reached the destination, I got out of the cab and paid the driver this time, I walked into the restaurant, It didn't look fancy but I heard people from my college liked it.

I saw Taylor waiting for me, I sat beside her and we ordered some food.

"So, how exactly do you plan on finding this killer?" Taylor asked "You know nothing about them"

"Actually I know a few things," I said feeling proud, "I know that it's a man in his early thirties"

"How do you know his age exactly," She asked in a weary tone

"Well it was just a guess," I said.

"If you want my advice I'd say you should just drop this idea," She said taking a sip from her wine "I mean you're never going to get more clues than this, it's not like the cops are going to let you anywhere near the evidence"

I was annoyed at her, but I didn't want to yell because I was afraid she'd leave me, none of us said anything for a while, seconds felt like hours and I wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say.

"But you seem like you need me, so fine I'll help you," She said.

My face lit up, with her help I was sure I'd be able to figure this out.

"And by the way, even if we do pull this off, which we probably won't but whatever, don't expect to kill that serial killer"

"Why?" I asked confused "If I find the killer then I get to decide what to do"

She banged her head to the table "I am speechless" she mumbled. I didn't know why she was acting this way, but she quickly got back up and continued eating. 

"So, when should we start," I asked cheerfully.

"Start what?" Taylor asked with a mouth full of food.

"Looking for the killer," I said matter-of-factly.

"And start where? We have no leads and don't know where to find them" She said. I mean, I guess she was right, but I had to keep trying.

I looked out the window hopelessly when I saw something shocking. 

"So you gonna answer that?" I heard Taylor's voice say.

"I know what to do," I said smirking. 

Author's note: Hehe, another lame chapter ;) I