Chapter 6

I almost dropped my phone in shock and turned behind to see him, Logan, my dad's friend

I almost dropped my phone in shock and turned behind to see him, Logan, my dad's friend. I had a million questions for him, starting with why he'd kill his own daughter. But before I could get another word in he spoke up.

"You kids shouldn't be here," He said trying his best to sound menacing, but didn't succeed.

"What are you doing here?" I squeaked. I was so scared, this place was probably his lair and he likely had weapons here which he was going to use to kill us. 

The lights were turned on, and I covered my eyes with my hand. Apparently, Taylor had no problem seeing because she was standing in front of me with a pocket knife in hand the next thing I knew. Logan also took out a weapon, a gun!

I knew neither Taylor nor I stood a chance with a man with a gun

I knew neither Taylor nor I stood a chance with a man with a gun. My legs were trembling in fear, I decided that I needed to do something, so I ran to the switches and turned the lights off. I tugged Taylor's shirt and pulled her out of the room. 

"We have to get out of here!" I exclaimed. We both ran towards the door, followed by Logan.

I glanced back to see that he had abandoned his gun, so I stopped running and turned behind.

"Why did you kill Olivia?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" He asked looking puzzled.

"Don't play dumb!" I yelled. 

"I didn't kill anyone!" He said.

"Then why do you have a lair filled with weapons?" I asked.

"Forget you saw me here, or you'll regret it!" He said and left through the back exit. 

I stood there not knowing what to do next. 

"What should we do now?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"We call the cops on him of course," She said pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"No, don't do that," I said.

"Why not?" She asked looking frustrated.

"That man- Logan said we'd regret doing something like this," I said.