Chapter 4

"Let's hear it," Taylor said before taking another bite of her pasta

"So, I did some thinking, and I think I know what to do," I said sounding confident. Taylor didn't speak but gestured for me to go on.

"I think the killer is rich, like someone who has a lot of people working for them," I said, waiting for a reaction from Taylor, surprisingly she didn't laugh or think I was crazy. 

"What makes you think that," She asked, stealing some of my fries. I wanted to yell at her but I didn't want to waste time.

"I can't tell you- Just trust me!" I said. I couldn't tell Taylor, it was too personal.

"I guess since your not going to tell me, You can do all the work," She said

"Alright, I guess," I said.

We chatted for a while and got to know a lot about each other, turns out her parents died in a car crash when she was five, but got adopted at seven. I felt so bad for her :( Eventually, we left the restaurant.

I woke up the next day and realized I had only 1 hour until my lectures began, which would've been fine if I'd already decided my outfit. And this was the first time I'd be back in college after the winter holidays so I needed something epic to stand out.

 I rummaged through my closet for a long time finding the right outfit, I finally settled on a black leather crop top and a black fur jacket. I walked into college, every student who was minding their business a few seconds ago now had their eyes on me. I smirked as I walked through the hallway hearing everyone comment on my awesome outfit, winking at some of the cute guys on the way.

I usually sat with Olivia, but after her death, I had no friends. I was done with my lunch and realized I'd left my phone in the lecture hall. I ran back there hoping no one stole it. Luckily it was still there, I was about to walk out of there when I heard the familiar sound of Lucy's annoying laugh. I tried to eavesdrop but they walked away before I could hear a single word.

Lucky for me Sky was walking by.

"Wait," I said in an unfriendly tone.

"What is it?" She asked.

"What were Liam and Lucy talking about?" I asked. Sky knew better than to upset me so she was always spying on Lucy for me.

"Liam is taking Lucy to Cara Loft's birthday party," She said "She is so lucky"

"Interesting," I said and walked away. 

The next morning I woke up excited, my plan was simple, I needed to make sure Lucy didn't go to the party with Liam, then I'd make him take me. 

The next day I walked into the locker room and saw Lucy in front of my locker, and she opened it! How'd she pull that off? Well that didn't matter, I quickly took a photo of what was going on

"She's making it too easy," I thought. I went to the vice principal's office and showed him the photo, Lucy was called in, at first she tried denying it but I had proof. 

"Apologize to Arya," He said. He clearly didn't want to be dealing with this right now.

"I'm sorry" she muttered. 

"You may leave now," He said. Uh-oh, this isn't going as I planned it would. I had to do everything myself as always.

"Are my ears failing me? Are you going to let this heinous criminal go with an apology" I screamed. 

"Nothing was stolen right?" he asked.

"No," I said.

"Then there's nothing I can do," he said. What a useless dude.

"I'm not so sure my brother-in-law would share your point of view," I said dialling his number on my phone. It was a great thing I caught him cheating on my sister, I can blackmail him into doing stuff for me now. 

"Uh, in that case, a week of suspension for you Lucy," he said. Now that's more like it. She got grounded by her parents for getting herself suspended. Yes I know I'm a genius.

I texted Taylor telling her that my plan was working out well and she needn't worry, she replied with a thumbs up.

"Hey, Arya" I heard a voice say. I spun around and saw Liam. He told me about how he had asked Lucy first, but since she couldn't come anymore he wanted me to go. Normally I'd never be back up, but since this was part of my plan I agreed. 

I went shopping after classes ended that day, I spent hours there looking for the perfect outfit. I told myself not to wear anything too puffy since it was a birthday party, I wasn't even sure why Liam wanted to bring someone along in the first place, but I didn't think of it too much. 

I was finally done finding the right outfit, it was a black v neck dress with thin chain sleeves. I knew I'd end up looking even better than Cara Loft. That night I emailed Taylor, telling her what I was doing but didn't tell her why I was sure this would work, I really hoped she'd come without asking too many questions.

The next day was a Saturday so no classes. I didn't know if Taylor read the message or not because there was no reply from her, at about 6 in the evening a black limousine was waiting outside my apartment, a chauffeur opened the door and Liam stepped out in a black tuxedo. I greeted him and got inside the car. We eventually reached a really fancy looking restaurant, with a lot of people entering being greeted by saluters. 

I got inside and was mesmerized, the decorations were very well done, it was decorated with the theme "Woodland Wonder" and it was pretty good. From the corner of my eye, I saw Taylor as one of the greeters. She made it! A bunch of people complimented my look, I chatted with Liam for a while, my plan could only take place after all the guests had arrived. 

Suddenly my eyes landed on a man, I couldn't believe who it was.

"Crap!"

Author's note: The chapter's keep getting dumber so... uh nvm idk what to say.

 uh nvm idk what to say