Chapter 20

"I need to hurry," I thought to myself, "Kaylee could be dying or dead" 

But I wasn't good at working alone, I was so used to having someone with me. I tried calling Taylor several times, but she didn't pick up. Did she get kidnapped too?

My only hope of finding them was Ethan, he was smart, cunning and probably wanted revenge too, he was just being a pussy. 

I thought I'd approach him one last time anyway. 

"Ethan, will you-" I started

"Help find your friends? No" He said. 

"How did you know," I asked confused.

"I'm a smart man," He said with a grin on his face. He indeed was smart. 

"One phone call to my mom and two thousand dollars will be in your account," I said trying to look like I had the upper hand. I saw his sceptical face and said "Three thousand?"

I knew this was an offer he couldn't deny, so I waited for his response with a smirk on my face.

"Ugh, fine" He grunted. Yes! My plan worked. 

"Let's go to Taylor's penthouse," I said excitedly. 

I got on to his bike and we reached there in five minutes. Luckily, I knew where she kept her spare keys, so I opened the doors. 

"Where do we start," He asked. 

"I- I don't know," I said feeling stupid for not knowing anything. 

"You said you know where the killer's base is, it's where you were kidnapped last time, maybe that's worth checking out," He said thoughtfully. 

"Good thinking!" I praised him. 

"But we can't go there empty-handed," He said ignoring my compliment. Was he mad at me?

"I have a bean bag gun, you?" I asked. 

"You know a 'bean bag' gun won't help us, right?" He asked sounding annoyed. "We need real weapons" 

"But who will sell them to us?" I asked feeling defeated. 

"Your friend seems to have some," He said looking at the floor. I looked at the floor too and saw some bullet packets. 

"Taylor has weapons?" I asked, taken aback. Why would she hide this from me? 

"Seems like it" He responded, with no hints of emotion in his voice. I was starting to believe he was indeed mad at me. But I had more important things to worry about. 

"A locker!" I exclaimed. 

"Do you know what the passcode could be?" He asked. 

"Hmm let me try," I said walking towards the locker. Luckily it was already open!