Chapter 8

I woke up with a throbbing headache

I woke up with a throbbing headache. I rubbed my eyes and looked around me. I didn't know where I was, but it was really dark and I couldn't see anything. I tried to walk around, hoping to find a way out, but all I did was stumble upon stuff. 

"Arya?" Someone squeaked. 

"T-Taylor?" I asked in shock. 

"Yeah it's me," She said.

"B-but how? You were in Australia" I said. I was probably dreaming. 

"I was walking when someone knocked me out when I woke up I found myself here," She said.

"But why would someone kidnap both of us?" I asked, still in shock. 

"I don't know, and I don't think it matters," She said "Right now, we need to focus on getting out" 

"But- where are you exactly?" I asked, realizing that I still couldn't see a thing.

"I'm not sure, but I think we're in rooms facing each other," She said.

"We need to wait until sunrise to get some sunlight," I said "Do you have a watch?"

"Yes, and it's 6:40, the sun should be here soon," She said.

We waited in silence, and slowly light came through the windows and we could see what was around us. And Taylor was right, we were in rooms facing each other. They were nothing but small boxes and windows. 

I turned back and saw Taylor standing in front of me. 

"Woah! You scared me" I said keeping my hand over my chest. "How'd you get out?"

"I used this," She said holding a hairpin.

"Perfect! We have to hurry though, they could come back any minute" I said. 

She nodded at me, before using her hairpin to unlock the door. 

"Thank you," I said. 

"Don't mention it" She said.

"It looks like no one's here," I said.

"What makes you so sure?" Taylor asked.

"Otherwise they would've heard us. This place isn't exactly huge" I said scanning my surroundings. 

"Great! Then let's take advantage of that," She said.

I nodded enthusiastically, as horrible as the situation was, being with Taylor made it so much better. 

We walked a little bit, but not long after we started I grabbed Taylor's hand. 

"What?" She asked.

"Don't tell me you didn't notice that" I said. 

"Notice what?" She asked in confusion.

"That stench," I said. 

"Oh- I did, but I figured it was nothing. Let's just keep moving we can't waste time here" She said.