Chapter 15

I was waiting near my car for Taylor to come with all the essentials

I was waiting near my car for Taylor to come with all the essentials. Kaylee had already left to hang near the crematorium all day, unsuspiciously. 

"All set?" I asked when I saw Taylor coming towards me. She nodded her head and got inside the car. I started driving the car and we soon reached the crematorium. 

As I got outside I saw an elderly man whose eyes were fixated on the crematorium, I figured he knew something about the place and was about to ask him about it, but Taylor beat me to it.

"Are you lost?" She asked. The man looked at Taylor and then back at the crematorium before he started speaking.

"My daughter passed away when she was only seven years old, my wife followed her not long after. They were both cremated here" He said in a breathy voice. 

"I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is to lose someone you love, just as I know that life goes on, and so should we," Taylor said in a soft voice. I wasn't sure if she truly meant it or was just saying this so the man would give us answers.

"Does no one work here anymore?" I asked trying to get information without sounding suspicious.

"The family that used to run this place passed away, and their children never continued their family business," He said.

"Turning bodies to ashes is a business?" I asked utterly confused. When I didn't get a response I decided to inquire more.

"So, why doesn't anyone demolish the building? No one comes here anymore" I asked. 

"The building was passed on to their children, they chose to keep the land as it was" He explained. 

"You seem to have known them quite well," Taylor said.

"Will used to try and help get over my loss, and although he helped me to a great extent I never truly got over it," He said tears welling up in his eyes. 

"Did Will have a surname?" I asked. I knew this was kinda suspicious, but I didn't know how else to ask it.

"William Adams" He responded blankly. Could "Adams" be the "A" in "C.A"? This was huge!

"Were you close with the rest of the family?" Taylor asked in an attempt to break the silence.

"Not quite, his wife Gabriella and I spoke when we saw each other, but that was about it," He said.

He suddenly looked at his watch and said, "Oh my! I must get going now." 

He left without even waiting for a response. 

"Well at least now we know her surname," I said.

"We don't know if they're the same person," She said. "The man said they left the place but never did anything to the property, maybe the killer knew that and is using this as their base"