Chapter 17

I stared blankly at my laptop screen and then turned towards the clock

I stared blankly at my laptop screen and then turned towards the clock. Time was moving so slowly, Arya and Kaylee were probably spying on me right now. 

Poor Arya, still clinging to the hope that the killer can be found. How could I be the one to break her heart by telling her the simple truth that it was close to impossible? 

I don't think I'll ever understand why she is doing this, my best guess was she couldn't comprehend the loss and this was her way of keeping Olivia's memory alive. But still, as time passes she herself will realize that the risk she took wasn't worth taking, but until then the least I can do is pretend I tried. 

Arya isn't the only stupid one though, I myself should've thought this through before getting myself into this mess. I continued scrolling through random websites, I would be doing something more productive if Arya didn't come up with the idea to spy on me. 

I closed my laptop for a bit and enjoyed my lunch, being away from Arya made me feel like my old self again, not that I hate her, she just makes dumb choices. 

Suddenly my phone beeped and I saw a message from a number I didn't recognize, I opened the message. 

"Roses are red, 

Violets are blue, 

Come find me before I find you"

Could this be from C.A? Why did she send this to me, she usually targets Arya. It was an odd message though, given that all previous texts included her trying to stop us from finding her. This was obviously some kind of trap, maybe she planning to use me as bait to get to Arya? 

I wasn't sure how I was expected to find her, maybe she left hints? I looked around the room but nothing striked me as unusual. I walked out of the cafe and walked aimlessly, it's what I usually did while thinking. 

After thirty minutes of walking around, I still had nothing, I decided to head home and figure it out later. 

I lay my head on the pillow thinking about the "before I find you" part of the riddle. Maybe I could just wait for C.A to find me and I can kill her. I opened my safe and took out my gun before filling it with ammo. 

Unintentionally, I fell asleep and when I woke up I saw lots of notifications from the CBC news app. I opened it to see an article about the death of a young girl in her early twenties. I went on to read an awfully familiar address, I scrolled further and saw an image. 

To my surprise, it was the blond girl from when we spied on the crematorium, and even shockingly she was killed in a similar way Arya had described Olivia's murder

To my surprise, it was the blond girl from when we spied on the crematorium, and even shockingly she was killed in a similar way Arya had described Olivia's murder. Why was C.A killing her own sidekicks? Was this the clue I had to follow? Or was C.A just terrible to her minions? 

I quickly put on my coat and went to the crime scene, I was obviously not allowed inside but I did have good hearing so I was able to hear a bit of what was going on. 

"Mommy!" Two kids cried. 

"I can't believe Celine is dead!" Someone exclaimed. 

"I heard a scream in the midnight, but I didn't take it too seriously, her kids are always running around making noises," A man told the cops. 

"And you couldn't differentiate between the voice of a toddler and a twenty-year-old woman?" A female cop asked.

"I never really spoke to Celine, so I didn't know what her voice sounded like, it did sound a lot like little Kacey though," The man said pointing towards a little girl, her face red from crying. 

"Interesting," I thought to myself. 

A lady from child services came to take the kids to an orphanage, the body was taken away by an ambulance and the police were too busy fighting off the paparazzi. I took this opportunity to sneak into the house, luckily the door was wide open. I made my way into the house, and from where I stood everything seemed normal. 

There were toys laying around, furniture which looked like it wasn't cleaned in months, and something I didn't notice earlier - a trail of blood. I followed the blood and entered the crime scene, with crime scene tapes all over the room. A while marking revealed the position of the body when it was found. 

I saw something shine in a distance, I slowly skipped towards the shiny object, making sure not to leave prints behind. It was a ring. It took a few moments, but I felt like I recognized it from somewhere one that I recognized. I picked it up and was about to investigate it when I heard footsteps approaching. I quickly got out of there. 

I went to a nearby park and sat on one of the benches, I held the ring up close to my face, and I saw the initials "C.A" engraved in them. Reading that made me feel nauseous, but needed to make sure that I was mistaken. 

I picked up my gun and car keys and walked towards my car as I began to doubt the choice I was making. But my curiosity got the better of me and I drove towards her hideout. 

My heart was pounding as I neared my destination, was I actually going to have a face-off with C.A? Or was it just a trap? I made sure to park a few blocks away so they wouldn't be anticipating my entry. I slowly walked around the walls of the crematorium, found a shoe stand and stood on it and used it to jump inside. 

I didn't want to take the entry and risk them noticing me. I slowly crept behind the building and hopped in through a window. I couldn't hear anyone, so I assumed they were no one here, or they were hiding. 

I heard some noises from one specific room so I went to check it out. A hooded figure sat on a big leather chair holding a glass of beer in her hand. 

"You figured it out," She said. 

"It was you all along," I said my voice breaking.

"I'd drop the gun if I were you," She said in a cold voice. 

"How can I?" I asked. "When the biggest traitor of my life stands before me" 

Author's note: Hey guys! What'd you think of the chapter? So, Taylor knows who the killer is. What's going to happen next?? This is the first chapter with no Arya 🥶 do u miss her? The story will keep getting better from here, so stay tuned. Vote, comment, and add this to your library so you can stay updated 😁😁

 Vote, comment, and add this to your library so you can stay updated 😁😁