Chapter 14

"Tell us what it is!" I squealed in excitement

"You remember when the killer kidnapped and took us to a crematorium?" She asked.

"They did what?" Kaylee exclaimed with an expression I'd never seen on her face - rage. 

"Yes I do," I said recalling that horrible ordeal. 

"We should go investigate the place, we were in a hurry the last time but if we go when no one is there then we can find clues" She explained while I just nodded my head occasionally. 

"Sounds dangerous, when will we know when they're not around?" Kaylee asked doubtfully. 

"Are you sure you're not just jealous of my plan?" Taylor asked provokingly with a smirk on her face. Oh no! They were going to fight. 

"No! I just think the plan isn't good" She said with a disapproving nod.

"We can use your inventions to spy on them," Taylor said ignoring Kaylee "Surely someone who erases people's memory can do that"

"I never said I couldn't!" Kaylee said defensively. 

"Yet you questioned how we'd know when they're away?" Taylor asked as though trying to make Kaylee confess to something. 

Although Taylor had a point here, she could've just forgotten or maybe she's scared. I decided to stop the fight. 

"Ok, let's not fight over this!" I yelled. 

Taylor rolled her eyes but compromised anyway. 

"I'll go to my apartment use the camera, I'll spy on them for a while until we know their schedule, then we'll decide when to go," Kaylee said. I was about to agree but Taylor spoke up. 

"We'll come with you," She said smiling.

"It's not necessary but sure," She said returning the smile. 

"Let's go then," I said grabbing my bag. We got into Taylor's car as Kaylee gave her the directions. We reached her very small apartment, it had only two rooms, one bedroom and another storage room where I assumed she kept all her inventions.

"Wait here," She said pointing to the dining table as she went in to get the invention. 

She came out with a dead dragonfly and placed it on the table. 

"Ew! What the hell!" I screamed in horror. 

"Chill, it's the camera we're going to use," Taylor said expressionlessly. 

"Yes, we will use this controller to send to where you guys were held, and no one will suspect it's a camera," She said looking proud of herself.

"That's genius!" I exclaimed clapping. 

"Don't praise her, those things have existed for a long time" She said in annoyance. 

"Yes, but I modified them for longer distances" Kaylee replied with a hair flip.