Chapter 9

"We're here!" I said grabbing my keys to open the door

"We're here!" I said grabbing my keys to open the door. But it was already unlocked! I looked at Taylor who appeared to be just as surprised as me. I walked in slowly and looked around.

"Surprise!" I familiar voice said. I spun around in shock to see who it was. 

"Mom?" I asked not expecting her. "What are you doing here?"

"You could at least pretend to be happy to see me," She said rolling her eyes. I just stood there rubbing my shoulders not knowing what to say. 

"And to answer your question" She continued "I came to make sure you were ok. You must be so afraid after what happened with Olivia and Logan, so I thought you needed me"

That's when I remembered! Olivia was dead! And I missed her funeral. At that moment I felt like a horrible friend, how could I forget about her? 

"Mon Dieu, what in the world happened to your face" She exclaimed in horror, noticing my gash. 

"Oh it's nothing," I said trying to shrug it off, and surprisingly it worked. 

"Well, go get yourself cleaned up. We can have lunch together" She said smiling at me. I nodded and walked to my room to take a shower. My mind slowly started to process everything that happened in the last few weeks and I couldn't help but cry. 

I managed to pull myself together and put on the first set of clothes my hand could reach. When I got out of my room, I smelled something delicious. 

"Since when does mom cook so well?" I thought to myself as I hurried to the kitchen. But it turns out Taylor was the one cooking. 

"Should have known, mom couldn't make something that smelt this good" I thought and sat down. 

"Smells amazing," I said grabbing a plate for myself. 

"Thanks," She said blushing. 

"I found something I want to show you-" I started but was cut off by mom coming in. 

"Arya! Let's go shopping!" She said cheerfully. I really didn't want to waste time shopping with her, I had to show Taylor the photo.

"I'll buy you new clothes and shoes," She said winking after she noticed my sceptical look.

I didn't want to look too suspicious in front of me my mom so I agreed. I really didn't have a choice, did I?

"We'll talk later" I mouthed, and Taylor gave me an assuring nod. 

The rest of the day was nothing but boring. Mom took me to all these places I'd love to go to, but my mind was really distracted and I just wanted to go home. 

"I have a headache," I said trying to get out here. 

"Nothing a chocolate frappe can't fix," She said dragging me to some coffee shop. I realized that there was no getting out of this. She only wanted to get my mind of the recent events in my life, so I should just enjoy my time with her.