Chapter 18

"Why did you wanna meet here?" A voice asked

"Why did you wanna meet here?" A voice asked. I turned back and saw Ethan. 

"It's so creepy" He continued. 

"I just wanted to talk to you," I said "It's been a while" 

"You wanted to talk about Olivia," He said with a raised eyebrow. 

Oh no, he figured it out. I didn't know what to say, so I kept quiet. 

"If you're here to talk about what an angel she was who could do no harm, then I'm sorry but I have better things to do," He said coldly. 

I knew at that moment that I couldn't get information out of him without telling him the truth, I knew it was a big risk but Ethan was my friend, I could trust him. 

"Ethan, wait!" I called out to him. He turned around waiting for me to say something.

"What I'm about to tell you has to stay between us," I said giving him a serious look. 

"You can trust me," He said smiling charmingly. 

I began to narrate the whole story, from when I found Olivia's body, to my apartment turning to ashes. He listened patiently, didn't interrupt me, and he finally spoke when I was done speaking. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked out in anger, but I knew it was only a disguise for his worry. 

"I had to do it for Olivia, she was murdered ruthlessly, this is the only justice I can offer her," I said justifying my actions. 

"And now since you couldn't do anything, you want to drag me into this," He said showing a hint of annoyance. 

"I've taken that into consideration," I said with my head high

"I've taken that into consideration," I said with my head high. "We're meeting here in secret, just give me the information I need, and I won't bother you"

"What makes you so sure that I have what you need?" He asked smirking. 

"You're her brother, you have to know something I don't," I said hopefully. 

"Look, I wouldn't get too involved in this if I were you," He said sighing. "Olivia got herself into some mess, couldn't get herself out and it eventually costed her life"