Chapter 11: "Drag me there then, boss."

Hey everyone! Welcome back to Sweetheart! Don't forget to vote and comment, it really helps me out! Enjoy!

~~~~~

"It was way better than when you cried and ran out."

The boy behind her made an attempt to save Julie, though she didn't need it. "Maybe we should get to science."

In pursuit of trying to show Nick that she didn't need saving, Julie tried to roast Carrie. "Uh, yeah, then maybe you could study the chemical properties of manners or something."

Epic fail.

Carrie rolled her eyes and snickered. "Was that supposed to be a comeback? Wow."

Yes, it was bad, but did she really have to be so mean about it? Where was Flynn when you needed her? Again, still trying to save herself, Julie made a sorry attempt at being as mean as Carrie. "Wow yourself."

"Oh! Another winner," Carrie said sarcastically before flipping her hair and walking away. Nick gave Julie a look that said "I'm sorry about her" before turning and chasing after Carrie.

Julie received many more congratulations before she was finally home free to find Flynn. That was her main mission and objective. Find her best friend who she really needed to apologize to. Unfortunately, that was easier said than done. Julie must have messed up big this time. She raced through the halls, but something was waiting for her when she rounded one corner.

"JULIE!," Alex, Reggie, and Luke all screamed at once.

"Ah! You! Don't do that!" It scared her out of her mind. She pretty much had a heart attack. These boys will surely be the death of her.

"We rocked that! They were loving you!" Luke practically screamed.

"Are you kidding?" Julie asked, "They loved us! That was a great song, Luke, Thanks."

Luke nodded with that insanely attractive smile that he had to stop using. It was addicting, and Julie couldn't help but think that it was directed more towards her than the compliment she just gave him.

"And did you guys see those cheerleaders looking at me?" Reggie asked, "Especially Kayla. I think she was looking at me. Tell me she was looking at me." He said excitedly as he turned towards Luke.

"Bro, she was looking at you!" Luke said, obviously excited for his friend.

"Oh! Julie! Congrats on getting back into the music program!" Alex exclaimed.

"Thanks, Alex..." Julie said glumly.

Reggie caught on and asked, "Why do you look so bummed?"

"Yeah, dude," Luke chimed in, "You're making this face." He said as he made what, again, couldn't possibly be her face.

"That... is not my face."

"It's your face," Luke corrected.

Julie rolled her eyes but still continued answering their question, "Things just got weird between me and Flynn. I forgot to tell her about you guys, and she's mad about it."

"Sweet, girls are already talking about us," Reggie said as he low-fived Luke.

"Stop. I'm serious. I forgot to tell her about this, which is super big to her, and then I ditched class, went up there and performed with you, but I never even mentioned one thing about it to her."

"Girls are complicated." Luke mumbled under his breath.

Julie sighed and said, "We better get to class."

"Eh, don't need to," said Luke.

Julie stopped, looked up at him, and pointed her finger at him. "Listen, now that we're in a band, I can't be having this bad reputation for it. You'll come to class even if I have to drag you there myself."

"Drag me there then, boss."

"Ugh. You're impossible."

Julie sighed and walked past him, but she knew he'd be shortly behind her. Sure enough, just as she got only a few steps away, Luke was racing to catch up and walk next to her with Alex and Reggie joining him. Hopefully nobody could see, but Julie was smiling bigger than she had been over the past year. She was grateful for these boys even though they only had hung out a couple of times. Maybe they were a good change.

~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know your thoughts in the comments! See y'all next week!