Chapter 47: "Luke, this isn't the 90's."

Happy New Years Eve! What's your plans? I'm going to a dance with some friends :) 

I'm posting today's 2 chapters right after one another so be ready for it!

Enjoy!

~~~~~

Luke hadn't noticed his leg bouncing up and down until Julie placed a hand on them to make them stop. He was getting more nervous as the time passed. Granted, it had only been half an hour, but it felt like 2 hours.

Finally, Luke heard a car pull in the driveway, the engine stop, and doors slam shut. Before Luke knew it, his father was opening the front door and coming inside.

"Em! I'm home!" He called through the house.

"In the kitchen!" His mother yelled back.

Luke had to say, he missed that. Every day when his dad would get home, he would always yell that, and wherever his mother was, would be where he would go. The first thing he did when he came home was give his wife a kiss. Luke envied their relationship. He always wanted something like that, and hopefully he could have that with Julie.

When he walked into the kitchen, you could tell he was shocked. He dropped his stuff right on the ground and stared right at Luke with his mouth slightly agape.

Luke took a deep breath, and he could hear Julie take one too.

"Luke! You're back," His dad finally said, breaking the silence and the distance between them to pull Luke out of his chair and into a hug. Luke stood there awkwardly in his father's hands. He didn't deserve this love they're giving him because the fact is, he's not coming back. At least not for now.

"Well, dad. That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about," Luke said once his father had finally let go.

Instead of hearing him out, Luke's father interrupted him. "Why's Julie here?" He asked, finally acknowledging Julie's presence. His parents were oblivious when it came to noticing anything but Luke or his mistakes.

"Dad. I'm not coming back, I'm staying with Julie for now," Luke blurted out. He wasn't going to take no for an answer. He couldn't handle being under such a stressful and judgmental roof. Julie's house was a break from all of that, and maybe (just maybe) he'd be able to come back to live with them soon. Just, not right now.

He'd convinced his mind already, so he started leaving. He reached out, grabbed Julie's hand, and started to walk towards the door. Julie stopped. She let go of his hand, and mouthed towards him telling him to wait for her outside.

So, Luke did. He didn't know what Julie was up to, but he didn't care. She was good at helping people understand. She always knew just what to say. It didn't take her more than a couple minutes, but she came outside to greet him, and slipped her perfect little hand into his. Together, they walked home. Well, to Julie's house, but it might as well have been home to Luke anyways.

"I'll walk you inside," Julie suggested as they approached the garage.

"Isn't the guy supposed to do that?"

"Luke, this isn't the 90's. C'mon. Unless you'd rather me let go now and walk away," She said in her sassiest tone.

Luke laughed and nodded towards her. She opened the garage door for him, and just as they were about to say goodnight, Julie quickly pulled her hand out of his and slammed the door. Confused, Luke turned around and there he saw it.

Alex.

~~~~~

What does Alex want? 

Also, I have no idea how to write about fighting with parents because my parents and I have always gotten along so well. So, I hope this is good? I literally have no idea. Curse my parents for being the absolute best. (not really, I love them, but it makes it hard to write about without trauma.)

Click NEXT CHAPTER right now!