Chapter 18: "I didn't know you were so interested in how people make PB&J's."

It's late, but I'm actually here on a Friday!!! Let's celebrate by reading a very Juke fluff chapter!

Also let's comment on how it's been a year since the air date and we STILL don't have a season 2 renewal. NETFLIX IMMA THROW HANDS!

~~~~~

The rest of the week, Luke did exactly as Julie told him before, he went to his classes. He was whipped, wasn't he? He couldn't help it. Julie was just so, well, Julie. She was perfect; She liked music as much as he did, and he felt like she and him connected on such a different level than everyone else he had ever met before. She pushed him to do things he didn't want to, she wasn't afraid to tell him off when he did something that was undoubtedly stupid, and the way she connected to her music, it was like you could feel her play. She was utterly amazing, and just... Julie.

When Friday came around, Luke made his way to Julie's house after school and knocked on the door. Seconds later, Julie opened the door and was standing in front of him, looking up towards his face. He saw her lips moving, but he didn't hear what she said.

"What?" He asked.

"I said... Do you want a snack before we head to the garage?"

"Oh, um yeah," He replied.

She stepped back from the door frame and allowed him inside before closing the door. They walked straight into the kitchen, and she opened the fridge.

"What kind of snack were you thinking?" She asked.

"Uh, maybe just a sandwich," Luke said.

Julie got out stuff to make a PB&J sandwich. She made two, one for him and one for her. Luke observed her every move.

"You put jelly on one side and peanut butter on the other?" He asked.

"Yeah. You act like it's weird," She replied.

"No, it's just, you're the only other person who I've ever seen do that. My mom puts both on both sides, and Alex and Reggie put them both on one side and have the other plain," Luke clarified.

Juie laughed the most perfect laugh there ever could be.

"I didn't know you were so interested in how people make PB&J's," She commented.

Luke chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, slightly bouncing on his heels. It's weird, he usually never notices when he does stuff like that, but when he was with Julie, he notices every little thing he does.

"Just observing," Luke explained.

There it was, the perfect laugh again.

When she finished making the sandwiches, she handed Luke one and led him towards the front door and out to the garage.

"Oh, um, I brought my song book, if you want to use that," Luke said.

"Yeah, we can use that," Julie said, sweetly.

They both took a seat on the grunge-looking couch that was placed against the wall. It looked like it was from the 90's. Whenever it was from, Luke didn't care. It was a lot more comfortable than it looked. He could probably sleep on it if he wanted to.

"So, I found this song that my mom and I started writing, and I thought we could finish it. If you want to," Julie suggested.

"Yeah. Show me what you got, boss."

Luke watched as Julie reached to the side of the couch, grabbed a bag, pulled out a notebook, and opened it to a page that said 'Stand Tall' at the top in big, beautiful, cursive letters. Next to that, it had a few little stars, adding a little character to the page.

"Here's the chorus," Julie explained.

Then, she began to sing, softly, but beautifully.

Whatever happens

Even if I'm the last standing

I'ma stand tall

I'ma stand tall

Whatever happens

Even when everything's down

I'ma stand tall

I'ma stand tall

"That sounds awesome!" Luke exclaimed. "What else you got?"

"This is part of the first verse. We don't have much after this, because she passed shortly after we finished the chorus."

Luke could tell she was getting choked up just by talking about it, but regardless, she still sang what she had.

Don't blink

No, I don't want to miss it

One thing, and it's back to the beginning

'Cause everything is rushing in fast

Keep going on never look back

"Wow, you guys are amazing at songwriting," Luke commented.

"Thanks," Julie responded, and Luke could almost see a little bit of a blush on her cheeks, but he told himself it wasn't there.

They continued working on the song, as well as creating some new ones. Luke was very excited about them, he could tell that Julie was too. Only problem was, now Luke liked her even more than before. 

~~~~~

I love this chapter!

Don't forget to comment and vote because it really helps me out with motivation! 

See ya next week!