Nice to Meet You

Y/N POV

I stood motionless, still staring at Eric with my mind a total blank.

"Hi Eric, I'm looking for Gene, seen him around?" Shannon asked, giving him a smile.

"Oh damn hey Shannon! Sorry I didn't see you right away, I was distracted—I was looking at um—I saw your friend first," he fumbled. "Gene and the rest of them are still in the dressing room, I'd take you there but we're not allowed guests in there. Well I guess Gene is like the founder of the band? Or one of them? Um—"

"It's alright, we can just wait here," Shannon said with a giggle. "And this is my friend Y/N!"

"It's nice to meet you Y/N," Eric said, giving me a smile.

I stared back at him blankly, still unable to get my mouth to move, mind racing so much it was like there wasn't a single thought in there. Shannon elbowed me sharply in the ribs and I jumped.

"Nice to meet you too," I blurted out finally.

Eric's cheeks went pink and he looked at his drumsticks in his hands. There was an awkward silence before the door opened. I turned, feeling my face going redder as I found myself face to face with what had to be the rest of KISS. One man's face absolutely lit up and he took Shannon's hand, pulling her into a kiss, hand slipping below her waist. I dropped my gaze, all of a sudden feeling shy and overwhelmed with no idea why. This wasn't even close to the first time I've been alone in a room with attractive famous men, and yet I was a complete mess.

At last Shannon came up for air, breaking the kiss, and turned to give me a smile.

"Y/N, this is Gene! And that's Bruce and Paul and then we've already met Eric," she said, and I nodded, forcing a smile.

"It's nice to meet you all," I said.

"You're a beautiful thing, aren't you?" Gene said, and Shannon shot him a glare.

"Come on Gene don't be a skeeze," Eric said abruptly from the couch, rising to his feet. "You should be grateful you've got someone as wonderful as Shannon."

"He should be, otherwise he won't have someone as wonderful as me," Shannon muttered, but she was still giving him a subtle fond smile.

"I've got no intention of losing you, my dear," Gene said, wrapping his arms around Shannon's waist as she leaned against him.

A hand touched me gently on the arm and I flinched, turning to find Eric standing beside me.

"Sorry about him," he murmured with a faint smile. "He's...well, he's Gene. Anyway, I'm going to go check on how my drum kit's looking, why don't you come with me?" he suggested shyly.

I looked at him in surprise before shooting a panicked glance at Shannon, who nodded encouragingly.

"Oh! Oh-okay, sure! I'd love to," I said.

Giving me a smile, he hesitated for a moment before hooking his arm through mine, leading me out of the room. I walked down the hall with him, heart pounding, before he abruptly let go of my arm.

"Um sorry about that, I didn't mean to sort of drag you away from your friend, I just...I dunno," he mumbled, cheeks going pink, and I felt my heart melt at how flustered he was.

"I don't mind at all. I'm excited to spend more time with you!" I said, finding my voice at last.

"Oh!" he said, before a pleased expression spread across his face. "Well then I'm happy to show you around."

"I'm happy to be shown around," I said, still able to feel my heart fluttering like mad.