Welcome Back

***Oh dear I just realized I've gotten my dates awfully wrong! Let's pretend that I had said they got together in 1988 originally, not 1987, and it was five years from their first meeting they began to date. Goodness I wish I could count better!😆***

~Time Skip to May 1988!~

Y/N POV

I stood waiting in the luggage claim, the exact same position I had been in several weeks ago when Eric and I finally admitted how we felt about each other. I stood on my toes, trying desperately to scan the crowds for Eric. I mean he was quite hard to miss, what with all his hair. Finally I spotted two very tall men and a not so tall one between them and smiled, moving toward Bruce, Gene, and Eric.

"Y/N!" Eric cried, noticing me.

I gave him a wave and a smile, running toward him as he did the same until at last he was able to finally wrap me in a hug the way I had been longing for him to do for what felt like ages.

"I missed you so much," he murmured, kissing me.

I kissed him back, relishing the sweet taste of his lips, a taste I had been craving for weeks now.

"How was the tour?" I asked, giving him a smile, and his face lit up.

"Oh it was great! But let's not talk about it in the airport, I don't want to keep us here for any longer than we have to be. We'll be back in three days to fly out to New York after all."

Grinning, I took his hand, lacing my fingers through his.

"Well lucky for us dinner is keeping warm in the oven at my place," I said.

He gave me a kiss, eyes twinkling.

"Now how on earth did I end up lucky enough to date such a woman? My goodness there's nothing I'd rather see after a ten hour flight than you waiting for me," he said fondly.

"Having to be apart from you was horrid. I'm glad we've got a few months all to our own before you leave again," I said.

"Have you got a passport?" he asked abruptly.

"A passport? I think so. Yes, I do, mine doesn't expire for two more years. Why?"

"Well...I hated being apart from you, gosh Y/N it was like torture, so I was wondering if maybe you'd want to come on tour with me? We've got a few shows in New York and then we leave to Europe!" he said, giving me an eager smile as he grabbed his luggage.

I let out a laugh, throwing my arms around him.

"Oh Eric! I'd love that! Is it allowed?"

"I don't see why not! Shannon's gone with Gene before, I'm sure she'll go on this tour as well," he said with a shrug.

I let out a sigh. "I hope she's able to, she's told me she's been feeling sick lately. Oh but I guess we've got four months until you leave so I'm sure she'll be fine!"

"I'm sure she will too. Now, let's get out of here," he said, giving me a kiss before walking out of the airport with me.

He carried his suitcases to my room once we arrived at my place, unpacking a little bit while I got the dinner plated, setting them on the table.

A pair of arms slipped around my waist as I stood at the sink filling two glasses of water, wild bunches of curly hair tickling the back of my neck.

"Mm babe it smells delicious," he said, kissing me on the cheek.

"I hope it tastes as good as it looks," I said with a grin, and he laughed.

"I'm certain it will," he said, letting go of me and taking the water from my hands, setting it at the table.

I was about to join him when the phone rang.

"I'll just see who it is," I said apologetically, and he nodded.

"No worries! Take your time," he said, blowing me a kiss as I picked up the phone.

"Hello this is Y/N!" I said, leaning on the counter and twirling the telephone cord absentmindedly with my finger.

Shannon: Hi Y/N.

I straighten up at the sound of her voice, heart beginning to race. She sounded devastated, like she had just been crying.

"Shan? What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I asked.

Shannon: Um...I don't know. I found...I found something out today, I've just got to tell someone and-and Gene won't be here for another hour or so.

"What is it?" I asked, almost scared to hear the answer.