I Promise

Eric POV

I left as soon as the show was over, heading right back up to our room without even bothering to take the time to change out of my stage costume. Sure our costume manager might get pissed at me, but I'd buy her a bottle of champagne or something. What I cared about most was getting to my girlfriend and reassuring her fears now that I finally knew what was wrong. I should've seen it sooner. She had even told me she didn't want to go to the show today because she didn't want to interrupt anything I did before or after.

"Dammit Eric! You should've seen it sooner! She never should've had to get reassurance from Bruce, she should've gotten it from you! She's the love of your life, you should know how she's feeling!" I hissed, furious at myself.

I took a deep breath before I walked into our room. I was angry at myself, never at her, and the last thing I wanted was for her to think I was upset with her. Once I had calmed down, I pushed open the door and walked inside. Y/N was fast asleep on our bed, clutching my pillow to her chest. She looked peaceful, but I could see dried tear tracks on her cheeks. Heart sinking, I quickly changed into some fresh clothes, lying behind her on the bed and gently wrapping my arms around her waist. She stirred but didn't wake, so I held her tight, resting my face on her shoulder, moving my hands down to her stomach. I could feel the faintest beginnings of her baby bump and smiled, tears pricking at my eyes.

"I love you so, so much," I murmured. "I can't even put into words how much I love you, how much you mean to me. You've been making my life so much better for years, even when we were just friends. You really are perfect, there's no one I'd rather be with, there's no one else I'll ever be with. You've got no idea how excited I am to have a baby with you."

She stirred, shifting slightly.

"Mm Eric? Why are you back so soon?" she mumbled.

"Because I missed you! And...and I think maybe we need to talk? Bruce um...was saying you guys had talked," I said, sitting up.

She rolled onto her back so she could look up at me, looking mortified.

"I'm so sorry, I asked him not to tell," she whispered.

"It's alright. Do you want to talk about what you talked to him about?" I asked, picking up her hand and giving it a squeeze.

Her eyes filled with tears as she sat up, drawing her knees to her chest.

"I'm sorry. I love you more than anything, I'm terrified of losing you. I'm trying not to let myself believe you'd do that, but...but it's hard. I'm so much more emotional than I usually am, I can't escape the fear you'll cheat on me and leave me," she said sadly.

I gave her hand another squeeze, slipping an arm around her waist and pulling her against my side, kissing her on the forehead.

"I can understand what you're feeling, and I can understand why. You're pregnant, you've got all the emotions and hormones that come with it. And your best friend is dating Gene Simmons."

"And you're a rockstar with millions of fans, rightfully so."

I gave her another kiss. "But you're the only one I care about. They're fans, sure, and it's nice knowing that I'm appreciated and people like me, but they're only fans. You're my girlfriend, the love of my life, and the mother of our child! I can't...my gosh Bunny, I can't imagine being with anyone else. You're perfect, you're gorgeous inside and out. You've got the most amazing personality, you make every room light up as soon as you walk into it. And you make heads turn with your beauty. I'm not upset with you for being afraid I'd cheat on you, I understand why you're upset, but please love, talk to me! Let me help reassure your fears," I said, stroking her hair soothingly.

She let out a shuddery breath, wrapping her arms around her stomach.

"I hate being pregnant and I'm not even two months along," she said with a heavy sigh.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get better! Once we're not on tour I'm sure that'll really help your fears die down. And if there's anything I can do for you at all just let me know! Would it help for you to come to the shows? You can come backstage with me and then sit in the front row again and that way you can see for yourself I'm not doing anything."

She smiled, snuggling against me.

"I'll go to the shows because I like watching you perform. Thank you. I'm very very lucky I've got you."

I gave her a kiss, lying back on the bed with her in my arms.

"Not as lucky as I am to have you. I love you far more than I can ever say."

She closed her eyes, resting her head on my chest.

"I love you too."