Wedding Bells

Y/N POV

I laid cuddled up beside Eric in bed, rubbing the engagement ring on my finger. 

"I love you so much," I murmured, kissing him on the cheek.

He gave me a squeeze, kissing me on the lips. 

"I love you too. You've got no idea how happy I am with you. You've made my life perfect," he murmured.

"And you've made mine into the happiest life I could've ever dreamed of. I can't wait until I can call you my husband." 

"That'll be one of the happiest days of my life," he said, smile so excited I could see it in the dark. 

~Time Skip Two Years to 1992!~

"Alright, you look perfect!" Shannon said, giving me a wide smile as she adjusted my veil, taking a step back. "My gosh you're just gorgeous. You're going to have such a beautiful wedding," she said, putting a hand on her heart as tears welled up in her eyes. 

I gave her a hug, heart melted. 

"You're the best maid of honor I could ask for, and just the best friend I could ever want. Are you sure you're up to this?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, waving her hand dismissively. 

"My goodness you sound just like Gene. I'm not due until July, it's January! I'm two months pregnant, you two are acting like I'll give birth in the middle of your wedding," she scoffed. 

I grinned, accepting the bouquet she handed me. 

"Well sorry for being concerned about my friend," I teased.

"Be concerned about your wedding," she said with a grin.

Stephanie toddled into the room, giving me a smile.

"Mama! Uppie!" she said, holding out her arms.

"Hello sweetheart! You look gorgeous!" I said, scooping her up, smoothing down her pale pastel orange dress. "Are you ready to be the flower girl?" 

"Uh huh!" she said, before turning to Shannon, giving her a smile. "Auntie Nannon!" 

"Hi Stephie! Goodness you look like a princess! I hope I'll have a girl next," she said, resting a hand on her stomach. 

"Either way, I know your baby will be just perfect," I said.

"Gosh enough about me, this is your wedding day! This is your day and Eric's day, now go get to your position, I need to get to my place anyway. Here Stephie, you're coming with me," Shannon said with a smile, holding out a hand. 

I set down Stephanie, giving her a kiss on the forehead and watching as Shannon led her out of the room, grabbing Stephanie's little basket of flower petals. I looked at my reflection, giving it a smile, before running a hand over my stomach. Maybe I should talk to Eric about having a second baby. Shaking my head, I walked to my position at the back of the church, waiting for the music to start. The double doors opened and I watched with a smile as Stephanie skipped down the aisle, gleefully scattering handfuls of flower petals before she reached the alter where Eric and the groomsmen and bridesmaids were standing and ran to go sit with her grandparents. Taking a deep breath, I walked down the aisle toward the man who would very soon become my husband.

Eric covered his mouth with his hand, tears beginning to run down his cheeks as I walked toward him. Finally, I reached my place, standing across from him. Bruce was his best man, with Gene and Ace being groomsmen, while I had Shannon and Eric's sisters as my bridesmaids. 

The ceremony was perfect, with Eric's niece Sara-Jean being our ringbearer. It was impossible for both Eric and I to say our vows without crying.

"Do you, Eric Carr, take Y/N L/N to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the officiant asked.

"I do," Eric said, giving me a tearful smile, slipping the shining opal and diamond ring onto my finger.

"And do you, Y/N L/N, take Eric Carr to be your lawfully wedded husband?" 

"I do," I murmured, putting the silver band with an amber gemstone onto his finger.

"Then you may now kiss the bride." 

Eric didn't hesitate to  pull me into a kiss, hand slipping down my back while mine twisted through his tangled mess of curls. It was everything I had ever dreamed of and so much more.