Name Game

Y/N POV

After saying goodbye to Shannon and Gene, I headed back to the hotel with Eric, laying in bed cuddled up against him. His arm was around my waist as he rubbed me on the back. 

"I was so worried something was wrong with you," he murmured.

I shuddered, closing my eyes and hugging him tighter.

"I'm okay. Me and our baby are. It's good we've only got two more days on tour. It'll be nice to get home," I said. "And it'll be nice for Shannon to be home as well, so she's not as stressed."

"Do you think she'll be okay?" he asked after a pause. 

I nodded, feeling the steady rise and fall of his chest.

"I think so. She was saying the contractions had slowed down a lot and they weren't regular, so I think it was just Braxton-Hicks, or they stopped the preterm labor in time."

"I hope so. Poor Shannon's had a rough tour," he murmured.

"Gene hasn't exactly helped with that," I muttered. 

Eric let out a sigh, rubbing me on the back.

"He's...he's Gene. He's trying, to be fair. I'm not excusing his behavior, but he's very used to sort of doing what he wants. He's so full of himself it's a wonder he hasn't burst."

I laughed, kissing him on the cheek. 

"Well Shannon says she's happy with him and loves him, I just hope he feels the same and will be a good partner and father."

There was a pause before I spoke again. "I hope we'll be good parents too," I added as an afterthought.

He gave me a squeeze, hand rubbing small circles on my stomach, which still only looked like I was bloated, not pregnant. I giggled, tickled by his action.

"We'll be great parents, you kidding me? I mean you're the most amazing woman who's ever walked the earth, and I'm pretty good! Together we're going to be the perfect parents to the world's most perfect baby," he said, kissing my stomach gently. 

I opened my eyes, sitting up, pulling him upright and immediately throwing my arms around him, kissing him deeply. He kissed me back, hand moving down my back, slipping below my waist until he reached my ass, giving it a squeeze and making me moan. At last, we reluctantly broke apart. 

"Oh, you said you and Shannon were going to think of baby name ideas! Did you come up with anything?" he asked.

"We did! She's thinking either Ethan, Nick, or Thomas if it's a boy, and either Sophie, Sara, or Taylor if it's a girl," I said.

He gave me a shy smile.

"And um...what were you thinking for our baby?" 

"Well...I was thinking maybe Michael or Christopher or Daniel if it's a boy, and Stephanie or Jennifer if it's a girl," I said.

His face absolutely lit up and he gave me a tight hug, planting kisses all over my face.

"Oh Y/N that's perfect! Could we maybe use Bruce's name as a middle name? I-I know that you're not super close to him but he's my best friend and he means a lot. And oh we could use Shannon's name as a middle name if it's a girl since she's your best friend! I-I mean only if you want to, and maybe we should ask them too? It's your baby too, it's up to you as much as it is to me!" he said eagerly. 

I smiled, heart melted, and rested a hand on my stomach, still hardly able to believe that there was really a child, our child, growing there. 

"That would be really sweet. I really like that idea. Gosh I can't wait for our baby to be born," I said. 

He put his hand on top of mine, eyes brimming with happy tears.

"It'll be the second best day of my life," he murmured.

I gave him a confused look, tilting my head to the side.

"What's the first? Making it into KISS?" I asked in bewilderment.

He giggled, shaking his head.

"Of course not! The best day of my life was the day I met you," he said.

My heart was a puddle and I burst into tears, flinging my arms around him. He hugged me tightly, rubbing me on the back.

"I love you so, so much," he murmured.

"I love you too," I choked, overwhelmed with love and emotion.