Re-Evaluations

***This chapter is a bit longer!***

Gene POV

I sat in the green room backstage, waiting for the rest of the band to arrive. It was our first show of the European leg, and I was excited to have it begin. The door opened and I looked up as some pretty brunette walked in.

"Hello Gene."

"Hello," I said, giving her a smirk.

"If you'd like," the girl said seductively. "I could kick your girlfriend in the stomach. Solve your little issue there."

I took a step back, seeing red, hands balling into fists. I grabbed her by the blouse collar, dragging her to the door before practically throwing her into the hall, slamming the door to the room in her face.

Kick Shannon in the stomach. Solve my issue. It wasn't an issue, it was my child, my baby.

Trembling with anger, I walked to the phone, picking it up and dialing Shannon's number.

Shannon: Hello?

"Hey babe, it's me," I said, struggling desperately to keep my voice level.

Shannon: Oh, Gene! I wasn't expecting to hear from you until after the show! I mean not that I'm complaining. I've been feeling so awful about how I look, I need you here complimenting me.

I smiled in spite of myself. Damn I loved her.

"Aw babe you know that you always have been and always will be just absolutely ravishing. You've been looking amazing since you've gotten pregnant. All the new curves, on top of the fact you're glowing. There's not a more beautiful woman out there," I purred, and I could hear her sigh contentedly.

Shannon: Thank you my love. Now whats got you calling me now?

"I wanted to warn you. Some broad was backstage, saying she'd kick you in the stomach to solve my issue. I told her to fuck right off. You know that I couldn't be more excited to be a father, I-I can't even bear to think of anything happening to you or our baby. I wanted to call you, to warn you to please be careful. Maybe don't open the door for people you don't know while you're alone."

There was a long pause before she spoke again.

Shannon: I...I think I'll stay with Y/N then. Just for tonight, until you're done with the show. When will you be back?

I felt my heart ache at the fear in her voice.

"I'll be back soon don't worry. Just a few more hours, no more than four. You'll be just fine, no one knows what room we're in."

Shannon: Alright. I do think I'll stay with Y/N though. Call her and Eric's room if you need to reach me.

"Alright that sounds like a good plan. If you need anything at all, call me. I'll be back to the hotel soon don't worry. I miss you, I can't wait to see you again."

Shannon: You and me both. I love you!

"Love you too. Now get some rest, alright? I'll see you in the morning."

Shannon: Looking forward to it.

As we hung up, I frowned, unable to stop thinking of how casually the woman had said she'd do it. My issue. No, it wasn't my issue, but it was my fault. I needed to seriously reevaluate my priorities and my relationship with groupies.

Y/N POV

There was a knock on my door and I pulled it open, giving Shannon a smile.

"Hey Shannon! I wasn't expecting you to stop by so late, is everything okay?"