chapter thirty seven.

life at hogwarts was strangely silent without the chaos that seemed to follow the weasley twins around. their absence took a toll on everyone, amelia especially. although life at the castle tended to be boring, it was unbearable without her two friends by her side. however, amelia continued to push through, constantly reminding herself that she wasn't far from graduating. she and fred had continued to stay in constant contact, he sent her little updates almost hourly. whether it was about what he was eating for lunch or about the exciting products that they were creating for the shop, amelia treasured those little texts from the person that she loved most.

the couple continued to make plans for after amelia's graduation. after all, fred had never thought for a second about continuing to live his life without amelia in it. and amelia felt the same way. fred was what made amelia's life worth living.

alas, the day finally came, the day that they all had been waiting for -- graduation day.

𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲!
𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲, 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆, 𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆, 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗺, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱

9 : 3 7 a m

good morning everyone <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗮 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
good morning, amelia <3
how is everyone feeling today?

𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲
i'm quite nervous if i'm being honest.

𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆!! ✿
i'm so ready to get out of this place

BIG MOOD
LOL

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗮 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
let's meet in the corridor in a few
so we can all go in together

yes!

it seemed like amelia had been simultaneously dreading and anticipating this day for as long as she could remember. she was both excited and nervous, looking forward to the future yet also being afraid to leave behind the only thing that she had ever known. graduating meant leaving hogwarts and moving out into the real world. however, she found comfort in knowing that she didn't have to do it alone, she was grateful to have her friends by her side.

amelia had gotten up extra early that morning, too nervous to sleep. she sat on the edge of her bed dressed in her gryffindor robes and black loafers. her hair sat perfectly curled, and her makeup was already done. she fidgeted with the rings on her fingers as she reflected on all the years that she had spent in the castle.

she was swiftly brought back to reality as she heard a soft knock on the girl's dorm room.

"come in!" amelia yelled, not wanting to get up and see who it was. she figured that it had to be one of her friends, as she was the only girl who was left in the dorms. everyone else had already headed towards the great hall for the ceremony.

"hey, ams." daisy's comforting voice called out to her as she made her way towards her friend's bed. "we've been looking for you. everyone's downstairs already."

amelia looked up, making eye contact with her friend as she smiled. "sorry, i guess i zoned out for a bit." daisy took a seat on the edge of the bed, next to amelia.

"don't stress yourself out too much." daisy said, grabbing amelia's hand in her's. "you know, you'll always be my best friend. even if we don't live in this castle together." daisy let out a small chuckle as she reassured amelia.

amelia let out a small sigh as she laid her head on daisy's shoulder, taking a deep breath before she finally decided that it was time to head to the ceremony.

amelia and daisy headed downstairs together, running into their friends in the middle of the corridor.

"amelia! you look absolutely lovely today." luna smiled at amelia as she pulled her in for a hug.

"i think you look quite lovely everyday, so i guess today isn't an exception." neville smiled nervously.

amelia had grown especially close to neville and luna after the twins left hogwarts. the two of them, along with daisy, had been there for amelia as she tried to readjust to castle life.

the four friends walked side by side as they entered the great hall, the location of the graduation ceremony. amelia's heart seemed to shatter as she looked around to see the families of the students scattered throughout the crowded hall. she couldn't help but to wish that her parents had lived long enough to see her graduate.

amelia was snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of loud whistling coming from across the room. she looked around to see a pair of gingers frantically waving in her direction - fred and george. amelia beamed as she made eye contact with fred as she dashed in his direction.

"fred!" amelia ran into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck. "i can't believe that you're here! why didn't you tell me what you were coming?" amelia pulled back, grabbing fred's hand in her's.

"i wanted to surprise you, darling. plus, i'm not exactly welcome here." fred let out a small laugh.

"i missed you too, amelia." a very jealous looking george weasley pushed fred out of the way in order to give amelia a hug.

amelia let out a laugh. "i missed you too, georgie."

"you didn't think we'd let you graduate without us now, did you?"

a/n

apologies for the lack of updates! life has been busy but i'm going to try and be better abt updating now! also, i apologize in advance if the next couple chapters aren't 100% accurate to the books/movies. i'm going to try my best though c:

i also finished editing all previous chapters earlier today! 

to whoever is reading this, i love you and appreciate you and i am glad that you are here <3