Special: Hatake Kakashi's mourning period!

Kakashi Hatake, a man who was well-known across the country for his power, sat on his bed in his apartment, reading his favourite series, Icha Icha Paradise.

It was today of all days he decided he would reread the entire series and as a result of that, cancelled training. As Kakashi read his book, he wasn't unaware of the catastrophe about to occur.

———

"Isn't this great (Y/N)-chan?" Kurenai smiled as she took a seat at the front of the table. She looked at the long-haired girl next to her, who stared at the food in amazement.

With sparkling eyes, (Y/N) awed, "It looks amazing mom!"

That led Kurenai to let out a giggle before she smiled, "I'm glad."

The family of three decided to have lunch all together at Kurenai's apartment after spending the whole day together—well after Kurenai and (Y/N) spent the whole day together. Asuma stayed home, excluded from the mother-daughter shopping spree.

It was then Asuma walked in, holding an entire chicken while wearing mittens. He placed it on the table before he grabbed a knife and began to cut.

The black-haired male huffed before he mumbled, "When's Naruto arriving?"

At the sound of his name, (Y/N) perked up as Kurenai giggled, knowing her boyfriend—I mean friend was still mad at her for excluding him. "He'll be arriving in a few minutes, I assume." She answered with a small smile on her lips. "He said he needed to get something and he would meet us here."

It was true; on their mother-daughter shopping spree, they encountered Naruto walking around the town. (Y/N) immediately ran up to the boy before she brought him back to Kurenai, who immediately smiled upon seeing him. She had familiarized herself with the blond boy since she had seen him quite a lot during his and (Y/N)'s sleepovers. She bit back a giggle at the sight of his blushing face.

Without a second thought, she invited him for her shopping spree, and (Y/N) interrupted, inviting him for lunch.

Asuma scoffed before he mumbled, "I can't believe you invited him on your trip but not me." He turned to (Y/N) and whined, "(Y/N)! Didn't you miss daddy?!" Like an irresponsible adult, the black-haired man dropped the knife and wrapped his arms around his daughter, rubbing his cheek on her head.

(Y/N) giggled and opened her mouth to speak when knocks could be heard from the apartment door. "(Y/N)! Obasan!" A loud but familiar voice called out, causing her to jump out of her seat and rush towards the door.

Asuma huffed in jealously before he continued his mission to cut the chicken. Kurenai giggled as she watched her boyfriend— I mean friend, cut the chicken a little harshly. Hearing her laugh, the black-haired male looked up and glared daggers at Kurenai, who avoided eye contact with a smile on her lips.

By now, (Y/N) and Naruto entered the living room. "Look Naruto, here's your seat!" She patted the seat right next to hers before she sat in her seat. "And look at the food dad made!"

Naruto stared at the food in awe. "Ojisan! Fix me a plate!" He called excitedly, making Asuma's eye twitch.

Asuma took in a deep breath before he let out a huff. He placed a piece of chicken breast on the plate before he handed it to his girlfriend—I mean friend, "Here you go, you like the chicken breasts, right Kurenai?"