{8} Hatake Kakashi ✔️

Today was the weekend, meaning (Y/N) didn't have to go to the academy for two days. She would have been excited if she had got to spend the day with Asuma, though from what she was told, he still hadn't came back from his mission.

"(Y/N), will you come here?" called Kurenai from the kitchen.

At the sound of Kurenai's voice, the long-haired girl ran towards the kitchen. She looked up at Kurenai, wondering what she had to say.

Kurenai bit her lip as she stared at (Y/N). She bent down to the ground and placed one hand on her shoulder as she wondered what to say to the eleven-year-old. "So you know how Asuma is on a mission, right?"

(Y/N) nodded her head as she let out a sound of agreement.

The black-haired girl swallowed the lump stuck in her throat before she continued, "Well, he has a bit of a problem so I have to go help him."

(Y/N)'s eyes trailed to the ground as she went silent. Seconds later, she lifted her head up, tears in her eyes. "Is he okay?"

Kurenai was startled to find the young girl almost in tears. She gave the (h/c) haired girl a soft smile, "Don't worry." Kurenai lifted her other hand and placed it on her head. She gently ruffled her hair before saying, "He'll come home safe and sound, alright?"

(Y/N) slowly nodded her head, and Kurenai took this as a chance to finish what she had to say. "I invited someone to take care of you while I'm gone." The black-haired woman gently caressed the young girl's cheek before she assured, "He's nice and he'll be here any minute."

Kurenai stood up straight as she glanced towards the front door, wondering when her babysitter would be here. Y/N) tugged on her shirt, catching the black-haired woman's attention. "What about tomorrow?" (Y/N) asked softly.

"What's tomorrow?" The black-haired woman asked in a confused tone.

"My sleepover with Naruto," answered (Y/N).

Kurenai let out a sound of remembrance before she nodded her head. She ruffled the (h/c) haired girl's hair before she assured, "Don't worry, I'll inform him of it."

The bell rang throughout the house, signalling the arrival of someone. "He's here," the black-haired woman turned to (Y/N) and gently ran her fingers through her hair before she walked towards the door, having (Y/N) run after her.

(Y/N) watched as Kurenai opened the door to reveal a white-haired guy wearing a mask. He looked up from his book, and gave a small wave, "Good morning."

"Good morning Kakashi," greeted Kurenai.

"So, where's the girl?" asked Kakashi as he closed his book, and put it back in his back pocket.

Kurenai let out a nervous laugh before she placed her hand on (Y/N)'s hair, "Here she is, this is (Y/N)." The black-haired woman turned to look at her daughter— I mean, (Y/N) before she introduced, "(Y/N), this is Kakashi."

The young girl slowly stepped away from Kurenai before she raised her hand and slowly waved. At the sight of the girl in front of him, Kakashi raised an eyebrow before he turned to Kurenai.

"What?" was all that came out of his mouth.

Kurenai let out a nervous laugh before she apologized, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! But I had too!"

Meanwhile, (Y/N) stared at the two adults in front of her, not knowing what was going on.

Kakashi shook his head before he reminded, "You told me I was looking after a teenager, that all I had to do was feed it. Not a kid who I'd have to entertain." The silver-haired male shook his head as he stared at the black-haired woman in front of him.