{11} "(Y/N), I'm scared." ✔️

It was currently late at night, most of Konoha was asleep by now. Asuma turned off all the lights in the apartment before he headed towards (Y/N)'s room. He knocked on the door softly, and after hearing a "come in," he entered.

There he saw (Y/N) sitting on her bed, reading a book. The long-haired girl set the book down on the bed before she turned to look at Asuma, who had his arms over his chest as he leaned against the door.

"(Y/N), it's time to go to sleep," reminded Asuma, a soft smile placed on his lips.

The long-haired girl nodded her head and set her book on the nightstand. She got under the covers before she turned to Asuma, who was about to close the lights.

"Asuma?" she called out, gaining his attention. The brunet male turned to face (Y/N) as he let out a hum, indicating he was listening.

"Tomorrow," she hesitated for a second before she continued , "can I go walk to the academy alone?"

A look of surprise was placed on Asuma's face. He wanted to ask for the reason yet he knew he should respect her privacy. 'Maybe she's embarrassed,' thought Asuma. He nodded his head at the long-haired girl before closing the lights. He held the doorknob and let out a 'good night' before softly closing the door.

However deep down, Asuma was hurt. Even though they had often showed up late, he liked walking (Y/N) to the academy.

———

The next morning, (Y/N) had woke up bright and earlier than usual. She dressed in her clothes before going to prepare breakfast. She left Asuma's breakfast on a plate before wrapping it up in tin foil. (Y/N) grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down a note for Asuma. When she was finished, she turned to look at the clock.

(Y/N) turned around and began putting on her shoes before leaving the house, not forgetting to lock the door.

As (Y/N) made her way towards the academy, she heard a noise from behind her. She turned around to find a weird box on the ground.

Suddenly, the box was flipped over, startling (Y/N) as she instinctively jumped away. Her hands were to her chest as she stared at the seven-year-old boy in front of her.

He had short, spiky brown hair and blue eyes. He wore a long blue scarf around his neck and wore goggles, reminding (Y/N) of a certain blond. He was staring at her before he pointed at her. "So you're the girl my uncle is taking care of," the kid frowned as he stared at the girl in front of him. 

(Y/N) tilted her head to the side before she asked, "Who are you?"

The boy let out a huff before he flipped his scarf. "My name is Konohamaru Sarutobi! I am the only grandson of the third Hokage!" The seven-year-old declared as he glared daggers at the (h/c) haired girl, "You hear me?! I said 'only'!"

(Y/N) tilted her head to the side before she nodded her head. "It's nice to meet you, Konohamaru," she greeted.

A huff escaped the kid's lips as he continued to glare at the girl in front of him. He raised his finger and pointed it at the long-haired girl before he declared loudly, "I hate you!"

A surprised look was placed on (Y/N)'s head before she apologized, "I'm sorry for what I did."

Konohamaru gritted his teeth before he continued to yell, "It's all your fault! Because of you, Uncle Asuma stops visiting me anymore! He's too busy taking care of you that he doesn't have time for me anymore! And when he does show up, it's only for a little while before he has to leave to pick you up!"

Konohamaru's hand fell to his side as he looked at the ground. He let out a sniffle as tears filled his eyes. His parents hardly had time for him as being in the Anbu was time consuming. His grandfather, the Hokage, was busy as well. It used to be Asuma taking care of him, Asuma making him dinner, Asuma visiting him constantly.