[27] Abandonment

(Y/N) was confused; one minute, she was reuniting with an old childhood friend and the other, she was pulled away, hidden from his view. The (h/c)-haired girl furrowed her eyebrows as she questioned, "what—" however, she was interrupted.

Gaara let out a low chuckle as turned his body towards his brother before he called out, "Oi Kankuro," he slowly lifted his gaze from the ground, revealing the crazed look on his face, as well as his bloodshot eyes, "Don't make me kill you."

———

Gaara's threat rang through the air, sending shivers down Kankuro's spine. Still, he held his hand out in front of him, making sure his brother couldn't reach (Y/N).

The silence was soon broken when (Y/N) stepped out from behind Kankuro— or at least, tried to. The older male quickly grabbed her wrist, preventing her from leaving, which painted a confused expression on her face.

"Stay back," Kankuro gently pushed (Y/N) behind him before he muttered, "You can't let him see you."

The (h/c)-haired girl frowned as she whispered, "But why?" Her (e/c) eyes glanced back at the redhead, who seemed to be glaring back at her with intensity. 'Aren't we friends?' She asked herself, 'Red Panda, how much have you changed?'

"Oi Kankuro," Gaara's voice called out once more, except this time, it sounded demonic. He stretched his hand out and covered his face before he yelled out, "I'm getting impatient! I'll kill you! I'll rip your body apart!"

At the sound of his voice, everyone—including (Y/N), froze. Even Sasuke, a man with utter confidence, stared at the red-headed demon in shock. 'What is he?' He questioned.

(Y/N) frowned as she stepped up from behind Kankuro and quickly walked toward the redhead.

"Wait! Stop!" Kankuro frantically called yet the (h/c)-haired girl didn't seem to listen.

"That idiot!" Temari hissed as she pulled out her fan from behind her, readying herself for a fight. "Is she wishing for death?!"

(Y/N) quickly walked in front of the redhead, pausing a few steps away. She stared at him with concerned eyes before she whispered, "Do you remember me?"

For a moment, Gaara's eyes softened; memories of them playing as kids replayed into his mind, melting his frozen heart. Yet, it suddenly changed. Gaara glared at her, his green eyes flickering with many different emotions. "I remember you leaving me," he spat. "You promised! You promised you would be back!"

The redhead grunted before he clutched his head as he took many steps backwards, alerting everyone. Backed up against the wall, he groaned as he covered his face with his hand.

(Y/N) gasped as she took a step forward, reaching her hand out to try and help him when he suddenly lifted his head, making her gasp.

His breathing ragged, his eyes holding malice and betrayal, Gaara roared, "Get away from me!" He panted as he stared at the long-haired girl in front of him. Anger rising inside of him, he growled, "You're like all the rest! Next time I see you! I'll kill you!"

Gaara quickly ran away.

(Y/N)'a gaze slowly fell to the ground. She clutched onto the edge of her shirt as her (e/c) eyes glistened with tears. "It's not my fault I was taken away," she murmured to herself.