{2} "I stay with you." ✔️

Kurenai stood outside the gates of Konohagakure, her eyes peering through the forest. Earlier today, around sunrise, Asuma had left for a mission. He claimed he would be back by nightfall, or even earlier. His confidence always made her worry.

Letting a sigh escape her lips, Kurenai wondered how she ended up here. A few minutes ago, she was wandering around the streets of Konoha. The black-haired female was about to leave when something caught her eye.

She squinted her eyes to find Asuma running towards the gate, carrying an unfamiliar little girl in his arms. Kurenai ran towards the two and immediately asked, "Are you alright?"

The male nodded his head before he confirmed, "I'm fine."

Kurenai tried her best not to smile. She looked down at the little girl Asuma was carrying to discover she was asleep. "Who's she?" The black-haired female looked at the ground, where a pile of her hair laid. "And why's her hair so long?"

Asuma looked down at the sleeping girl in his arms before he spoke up, "Her name is (Y/N)." After staring at her for a couple of seconds, Asuma looked up and asked Kurenai, "Can you take her to your apartment? I'm going to get Lord Hokage."

Although she had many questions to ask, Kurenai stayed quiet and nodded her head. She stretched her arms forward, as a signal for Asuma to hand the girl. 

"Be careful of her hair," Asuma whispered as he gently placed the sleeping (h/c) haired girl in her arms. After a few seconds of staring, Asuma looked away from (Y/N), nodded at Kurenai before he disappeared.

The older female looked down at the sleeping girl in her arms. She turned her attention to the pile of hair at her feet. 'What beautiful hair,' she thought to herself.

————

(Y/N) let out a loud groan as she slowly opened her eyes. She stared at the blank ceiling for a while, wondering where she was. She looked around to discover she wasn't at the tower anymore, and suddenly, memories flooded into her brain.

"Asuma," she muttered his name lowly before she spoke again, this time, in a louder tone, "Asuma."

That's when she heard an unfamiliar voice speak up, "He's not here yet." (Y/N)'s head immediately snapped towards the direction of the voice to find a beautiful, older, black-haired lady with red eyes.

(Y/N) looked down at her lap and stayed quiet for a few seconds before she muttered, "Asuma." The (h/c) haired girl gripped into the sheets of the bed before she looked at Kurenai, tears in her eyes. "I want Asuma!"

Not knowing what to do, the lady placed her hands up and spoke in a calm tone, "He'll be here soon." A panicked look was spread across her face as the little girl looked like she was going to burst into tears.

Just as Kurenai opened her mouth, to have another try of reassuring the girl, a sound of a bell echoed throughout the apartment. Letting out a sigh of relief, the black-haired female turned to the younger girl and told her, "He's here," before leaving to open the door for him.

(Y/N) removed the blankets from her body and turned to the side. She let her feet touch the cold wooden floor before she attempted to stand. However, since it had been so long, she stumbled a bit before falling on her face.

Tears filled her eyes and just as she was about to try again, she felt a pair of hands gently lift her. She lifted her head to find Asuma staring down at her with a weird look; a smile.

The long-haired girl immediately latched onto his leg, causing the older male to stumble a bit. (Y/N) clutched onto the edge of his shirt as she buried her face in his waist.

The older male held in a chuckle before he reached out to pat her head, ruffling her hair a bit in the process. His hand fell to the side as he looked up to face his father, the Hokage.

"Is this the girl?" The (h/c) haired girl heard an unfamiliar voice speak up. She slowly turned her head towards the direction of the voice to find an old man staring at her hair with fascination.

"So this is the flower princess," said a man with a crooked grin. He gave out an evil laugh which caused the five-year-old to whimper as she backed away. "Come on boy, we didn't take her for nothing. Let's make use of her powers."

The (h/c) haired girl let out a low whimper as she turned around, hiding her head against Asuma's waist.

Asuma was caught off guard by her gesture. The male bent down and carried (Y/N) off his leg, and placed her on the bed. However, seconds later, the female was standing next to Asuma, latching onto his right leg.

Unsure what to do, the black-haired male turned to Kurenai, who awed at the sight. He playfully glared at her before he turned his attention towards his father, who slightly shook his head. "It seems she is more comfortable with you. I suppose you two can be alone to ask questions."

And so, Kurenai and the old man left the room, leaving father and daughter— I mean, Asuma and (Y/N) alone.

Asuma looked down at (Y/N), who stared at him with her (size), (e/c) eyes. He bent down and gently removed (Y/N) from his leg, and placed her on the bed. However, before she had the chance to grab onto his leg again, Asuma sat down next to her, causing her to look up at him.

Asuma offered her a big smile before he gently caressed her hair. The (h/c) haired girl leaned into his touch, causing the male to let out a chuckle. If she were a cat, Asuma could imagine her purring.

"Did you always live in that tower?" the male spoke up, catching the little girl's attention.

(Y/N) opened her eyes and looked down at her dirty hands. After staring for a few seconds, she lifted her tiny fingers and revealed the number five. 

"Since you were five?" Although choosing not to speak, the little girl nodded, confirming his question.
"How old are you now?" The little girl looked down at her hands before she revealed the number ten. Just as Asuma opened his mouth to speak, (Y/N) let one of her hands drop on the bed as she lifted only one finger. "Eleven?" The little girl once again, nodded, confirming his question.

'Six years,' Asuma thought to himself. The man clenched his hands into fists before he found himself asking, "Did they always put you in chains?"

(Y/N) looked up at Asuma before she sadly nodded her head. "If," she suddenly spoke up, surprising Asuma, "If I wasn't in chains, someone was watching me."

"Were your parents with you?" Asuma asked in curiosity. In his head, he would think no parent would allow this to happen to their children, which is why he was not so surprised at (Y/N)'s answer.

"They're dead."

Asuma let out a sigh as he looked up at the ceiling, wondering what to do. 'Father could get her an apartment,' the male thought to himself, 'but the girl can barely take care of herself.'

As if sensing what he was thinking, the (h/c) haired girl tugged on the male's shirt, gaining his attention. "I stay with you," was all she said before she latched onto the male, hiding her face in his chest.

Asuma stayed quiet for a few seconds before he let out a chuckle. A small smile appeared on his lips as he slowly ruffled her hair. "Alright," he said as he slowly wrapped his arms around the tiny female.