[26] Red Panda!

Previously:

Kankuro chuckled, "Great! Another one of the leaf villages' pathetic ninjas, I bet!" He slowly turned around, a smug grin on his face only for his jaw to drop at the sight of in-front of him.

"Angel," he muttered as a blush overcame his cheeks.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened at the face of the man in front of her. "Dead guy!" She pointed in surprise.

• • •

The two teenagers stared at each other in surprise at meeting again, the male having a large blush spread across his cheeks. He slowly opened his mouth, about to speak, however, he was interrupted by a shout coming from the kid he held by his hand.

"Big Sis (Y/N)! Help!" Konohamaru whined as he struggled in the older man's grip.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened in panic as Kankuro muttered under his breath, "Sis?" Realization hit his face, causing a look of surprise and shock to form on his face yet it was quickly erased.

Kankuro dropped the boy to the ground, allowing him to fall on his butt. The fourteen-year-old boy grabbed the back of Konohamaru's shirt and pulled him up. "There you go kid," Kankuro flashed a fake smile toward young Konohamaru, causing the young boy to grow confused.

He spoke, his fake smile shining bright yet his black eyes glaring deep into Konohamaru, "We were just playing around," his voice lowered, "weren't we?"

All at once, everyone except (Y/N) thought, 'They definitely weren't playing.'

Konohamaru flinched as he rapidly nodded his head before he ran towards his (Y/N), hiding his body behind her.

The fourteen-year-old boy walked closer towards (Y/N), something Sasuke narrowed his eyes at. With a smug look on his face, he flashed a smile, "Hey, the name's Kankuro."

The (h/c)-haired girl placed one of her hands on Konohamaru's head before she responded in a whisper, her eyes slightly judging the boy, "(Y/N)." She glanced down at her younger brother before she asked, "You two were just playing?"

Before Konohamaru had the chance to answer, Kankuro let out a fake chuckle. "Yeah, yeah, I love kids." The fourteen-year-old boy stared down at the young boy, his eyes glistening with anger, "Weren't we playing, kid?"

Without saying a word, Konohamaru rapidly nodded his head, causing the judgmental look on (Y/N)'s face to vanish, however, that did not clear her suspicions.

Taking his chance, Kankuro cleared his throat before he began his charm. He slightly leaned in before he whispered, his voice deep yet smooth, "So, I'm kinda new around here," a confident look formed on his face, "Would you mind showing me around? I'd love to spend time with a pretty girl like you."

Naruto, Sakura and the three little kids all yelled in their heads in unison, 'Did he just ask (Y/N)-chan on a date?!'

———

Asuma flinched.

He was currently sitting with the rest of Team 10 at their favourite restaurant, sharing stories of his chunin exams when suddenly, a tingle occurred throughout his body.