{3} The Academy ✔️

Asuma placed one large plate on the table before he took a seat next to (Y/N), who stared at the plate in awe. Asuma held in a chuckle as he picked up one fork, gently grabbing his food with his chopsticks before turning to (Y/N), who had her mouth open. He wanted to awe at her adorable face yet he held it in. He gently fed her breakfast, occasionally taking a few bites himself.

It had been two months since he had first met (Y/N); two months of them living together. It's safe to say that the long-haired girl had gotten... attached to the older male. Whenever he went on missions, she stayed with Kurenai, whom she had grown to like. Even then, she would rarely speak. With Asuma, her eyes would light up, and she would talk to him about anything, however, that was only if the two of them were alone.

Asuma handed (Y/N) a napkin to wipe her mouth before he took one last bite of the plate. The male glanced at the little girl next to him, his eyes stuck on her long, (h/c) hair that sat on the floor. A thought entered his mind, and he couldn't help but voice it out.

"(Y/N)," he called out as he placed his chopsticks on top of the plate. He turned to look at the girl next to him, who already had her eyes on him. "Would you like to cut your hair?"

The little girl's eyes widened a little, which Asuma took notice of before a sad aura surrounded her. (Y/N) caressed a strand of her hair, her eyes filled with sorrow.

Thinking he caused it, Asuma waved his hands over his chest before he let out a nervous chuckle. "You don't have to. I'm asking—"

The little girl muttered lowly under her breath three words that surprised Asuma.

"I hate it."

Tears rose in (Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes before she repeated once more, "I hate my long hair." (Y/N) let out a hiccup, alerting Asuma.

"Then why don't I cut it for you?" The male didn't really know how to comfort a little girl, so he settled on giving her what he thought she wanted.

(Y/N) quietly shook her head before she let out another hiccup. "It's unbreakable."

Asuma stayed quiet, unsure of what to say. He reached out and pulled the little girl into a hug as he slowly patted her back.

———

Days later, Asuma and (Y/N) were having lunch. Once they were finished, Asuma stood up and took both of their plates to the sink. Taking in a deep breath, he decided to use this moment to say what he had wanted to say for the past week.

"Tomorrow," he began, gaining (Y/N)'s attention, "You'll be going to the ninja academy I showed you a while ago, alright?"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as tears entered her eyes. However, instead of whining about it, she let out a sound of agreement before she left to her room.

(Y/N) knew it was hard taking care of her, so she didn't want to put up any more trouble. Even if she was terrified of spending hours without Asuma.

———

(Y/N) hid behind Asuma as she clutched onto the back of his shirt. Standing next to Asuma was Kurenai, who Asuma asked for help.

Asuma and Kurenai glanced at each other. They already reached the academy yet (Y/N) didn't make any move to step forward.

The (h/c) haired girl was slightly trembling from fear. She wanted to stay with Asuma. She didn't care if she never met other people, she was fine with just staying with Asuma and Kurenai. Unfortunately, (Y/N) didn't realize how unhealthy that was.

Kurenai and Asuma looked at each other, unsure of what to do. Kurenai decided to make the first move and placed a hand on the (h/c) haired girl's shoulder.