Special Chapter [1] ✔️

A blank, white space.

That's where (Y/N) found herself.

A sigh escaped her lips as (Y/N) looked around, yet she found she was all alone. However, when she turned to look in front of her, she saw a short girl who had (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair that reached her legs. (Y/N) stared at the little girl who slowly looked up and faced her.

It was silent between the two girls before the little girl asked, her voice shaking, "Are we free?"

(Y/N)'s heart ached as she stared at the little girl in front of her. A small smile formed on the girl's lips before she walked closer towards the little girl. She placed her hand on her long hair and began to pat it softly.

"We're free," answered (Y/N), her tone holding warmth.

The little girl looked up at her future self with tears in her eyes. It was silent between the two before she spoke up, "Is it fun?"

(Y/N) nodded her head before she replied,  "It's fun."

The little girl tilted her head to the side before she asked, "Are you happy?"

(Y/N) responded, a gentle smile forming on her lips, "I'm happy."

The little girl looked down at the ground. She reached out and clutched the edges of her torn dress before she asked, "Just like that? We're free?"

(Y/N) bent down on the ground before she reached out and patted the little girl's head. "Let's talk," she said softly, the gentle smile never leaving her lips.

The little girl tilted her head to the side before
she asked, "What should we talk about?"

(Y/N) let out a low chuckle, "You're nervous, aren't you?"

Her words caused the little girl to look down in embarrassment. As she clenched the edges of her dress, she muttered lowly, "You're excited, aren't you?" The little girl felt a soft pat on her head. She looked up to find her future self smiling down at her.

"Right now is the happiest I've ever been," said (Y/N) as she remembered all the happy memories she made during her stay in Konoha. "Be glad for everyone you met because now," Tears filled (Y/N)'s eyes yet she still continued, "we're no longer alone."

The little girl burst into tears as she tackled her future self into a hug. She sobbed on her future self while (Y/N) only patted her back.

Suddenly, the little girl vanished into thin air. (Y/N) got up from the floor and looked around. To her right, she saw all of the friends she made. She gave out a sad smile before she whispered to herself, "I'm no longer alone." A year escaped her eyes before she walked towards her friends.

———
My heart ached while writing this chapter.
Inspired by the ticktock made by @emdrawmeh