[22] Back To Konoha

(Y/N) hummed under her breath, a relaxing look on her face. Meanwhile, Sakura stood behind her, calmly brushing her long (h/c) hair with a smile on her lips. 'It's so pretty,' the pink-haired girl thought to herself as she continued to brush her hair. Once Sakura was finished, she began braiding the (h/c)-haired girl's hair.

"Sakura?" The (h/c)-a haired girl called out, catching the pink-haired girl's attention. Sakura let out a hum of approval, indicating she was listening. (Y/N) took it as a sign to continue, "When are we going to go back to Konoha?"

Sakura let out a hum before she answered, "We're leaving at noon." She finished braiding (Y/N)'s hair, resisting to squeal at their closeness. 'The fan club will be so proud of me!' She internally squealed as a flashback came to her mind.

The room was dark, the only source of light being the flashlights that each girl held up to her face. Sakura stood there, a confident look on her face as she had her hand pressed on a book titled 'Ships'.

"Haruno Sakura," a voice came out from the group of girls in front of her, "Do you solemnly swear to try your hardest to get Sasuke and (Y/N) together, and to eliminate any threat who dares break them apart?"

The pink-haired girl smirked at Ino, who gritted her teeth in anger before she turned to look at the group of girls in front of her; the members of the Sasuke-(Y/N) fan club.

"I do." She answered confidently.

Sakura couldn't help but let out another squeal before she tackled the (h/c)-haired girl in front of her with a hug. (Y/N) didn't understand the sudden enthusiasm yet she let out a giggle before she returned the pink-haired girl's hug.

After a moment or two, the two girls pulled away and Sakura opened her mouth to speak yet she was interrupted when the door was slammed open and a loud yet energetic voice called out, "(Y/N)!"

Less than a moment later, the long-haired girl was tackled into a hug by her blond friend. (Y/N) let out a giggle as Naruto excitedly pulled away and began rambling, "Did you hear?! Kakashi-sensei said that we're going back to Konoha today! We might get even better missions than this one!"

(Y/N) nodded her head before she opened her mouth when Naruto yelled out, "Also! Kakashi-sensei told me to tell you breakfast is ready!" He gently grabbed her wrist before he ran out of the room, dragging her along yelling, "Come sit next to me!" leaving Sakura alone.

The pink-haired kunoichi clenched her hands into fists as she muttered under her breath, "Damn Naruto! He'll pay. She's supposed to sit next to Sasuke-kun!"

———

The group had half an hour before it was finally time to leave the Land Of The Waves, and so, Team Seven decided to wait near the designated place, to wait for their sensei who, with no shame, was reading his favourite novel; Icha Icha Paradise.

Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke eyed each other carefully in silence before they all spoke in unison, "Where's (Y/N)?"'

After twenty minutes, the long-haired girl finally arrived panting. "Am I late?" She breathed out lowly that barely anyone heard her.

Sasuke only let out a 'hn' before he handed her his bottle of water. "Just drink," he muttered with a small blush spread across his cheeks.

(Y/N) offered a smile before she accepted the water bottle from Sasuke's hands. As she brought the bottle towards her lips, Sakura began to have an internal meltdown. 'They're gonna have an indirect kiss!' She squealed as hearts formed in her eyes.

Just as (Y/N) was about to take a sip of the water, it was tossed out of her hands and fell onto the ground, leaning its content. "(Y/N)-chan! Don't drink from that idiot! Drink my water!" Naruto whined as he handed the long-haired girl his yellow bottle.

Sasuke clenched his hands into fists in anger yet before he could even speak, Sakura's voice rang out, "Naruto!" Everyone turned to her to find her shaking in anger, her eyes fury red.

Before the blond male had time to shiver in fear, Sakura slapped the back of his head making him tumble to the floor. Naruto let out a sound of pain as he slowly lifted his head from the ground to find the pink-haired girl gently taking the yellow bottle from (Y/N)'s hands before roughly slamming it to the floor.

"You witch," Naruto muttered making Sakura turn in his direction, still not done with her rampage.

"(Y/N)-chan! Help me!"

Before the long-haired girl could do anything, a hand was placed on her head. She lifted her head, curious only for a blush to come onto her cheeks. Kakashi stood by her side, a yawn escaping her lips. "Naruto, get up from the floor it's time to leave."

The white-haired male looked down at the long-haired girl to find her staring at him. He offered a small smile before reaching out into his bag and taking out a bottle of water. "You're thirsty, aren't you?" Kakashi handed her the bottle of water, which (Y/N) graciously accepted with a blush spread across her cheeks before he gently ruffled her hair.

"Come on," the white-haired male patted her head before he began walking forward, "It's time to go back to Konoha."

———

Asuma quickly rose from his bed, his eyes wide awake. Breathing heavily, he clenched his blanket in anger before he muttered under his breath, "Kakashi."

———

As they walked back to Konoha, they were unaware of what was happening in the Land of The Waves.

Haku let out a low groan as he slowly opened his eyes to be met with the ceiling. He glanced to his side to find his mentor, Zabuza leaning against a pile of pillows reading what seemed to be like a letter.

"Zabuza," Haku muttered as he tried to sit up, yet he was pushed back down by his mentor.

"Rest," the older male advised in his deep voice. Zabuza glanced at the letter he placed on his lap before he let out a 'hn'. He placed the letter on Haku's lap before he stood up and left for the bathroom.

Haku glanced at the letter on his lap, curiosity written all over his face. He picked it up and began to read.

'Haku, Zabuza, are you feeling better? I tried my best to heal you but you really needed some rest. If you're reading this, that means me and my team have already left this small country and are leaving back to Konoha. I wish I could've said goodbye to you before I left so leaving a letter will do enough. Please don't get hurt too often and find a new job, something peaceful and helpful to others. Take care of yourselves and eat healthy. Hopefully one day our paths cross.
Love (Y/N)'

When he was finished, Haku didn't even realize the smile spread across his lips. Hearing the sound of the bathroom door opening, he quickly wiped the smile from his face. Zabuza walked out of the bathroom, a towel tied around his waist making Haku wonder how long he had been reading the letter left from a rememberable girl.

"Zabuza," the younger teen called out, catching the older man's attention. A nervous look formed on his face before he asked, "What do you want to do now?"

Zabuza picked up a clean pair of clothes that were placed on a small chair near the door before he answered, "Travel around the world," a small smile formed on his lips as he made his way towards the bathroom, "maybe stop at Konoha on the way."

Haku let out a small smile before he glanced out the window. "I like that," he muttered as Zabuza entered the bathroom once again, slamming the door behind him. The young teenager stared out the window before he murmured, a gentle tone in his voice, "Hopefully, we meet soon, (Y/N)."