Chapter 38

Chapter 38

"What are you doing here?" Lia asked in confusion. "I thought you weren't coming... You said you had an important matter with work." Andres grinned, "Nonsense. It's your mother's birthday; I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Lia slowly nodded, trying to process everything. Andres opened his arms, gesturing for a hug, "C'mon, aren't you going to give your old man a hug?" Lia snapped back to reality, "Oh yeah. Sorry. Hehe."

The two shared a hug as soon as Lia walked to him. The hug soon broke out, and Andres faced Boboiboy. "Ah Boboiboy, I see that you're here. Are you going to the celebration?" He smiled.

Boboiboy nodded, "Yes, sir." He was really nervous. He never had the chance to converse with him properly back when he was in Rintis. Whenever Andres goes back to Rintis, Lia never brought up about her and Boboiboy because of the fear that he might not approve since they both started dating when Lia was 17. Now seeing Andres made him anxious. He felt his heart racing but he kept his composure.

"That's great. I know that you're a great friend to Lia and for sure my wife also sees that." Lia laughed awkwardly, "Uhm... dad, about that..." She stole a glance from Boboiboy who was still nervous. If by any chance, he can faint with the nerve-wracking feeling.

"What is it?" Andres asked. Lia stole a glance at Tony, who started to exit. Then she did the same with Boboiboy, who gave her a small smile. She exhaled deeply, "Dad, me and Boboiboy... We aren't just friends."

"Best friends?" Lia sighed, "No dad... We're together, like in a relationship. For 3 years now." She felt Boboiboy's presence beside her, her hand was held. Andres furrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

"In a relationship... You know boyfriend and-" Lia was cut off by Andres, "Yes I know what does that mean... Uhm... Wow, I'm surprised... I'm sorry..." Lia pursed her lips and waited for more reactions from her dad.

There was an awkward silence, it lasted until Nathalia arrived at the scene. "Oh, there are you guys. I brought home some pizza. Let's eat?" She didn't get any response from them, making her raise her eyebrow. "Is there something wrong?"

The next thing that happened, all of them, including Tony, were at the dining table. Tony was talking about his preparation for the board exams to Nathalia. The other three were quiet. Andres observed the way Boboiboy treated Lia. He noticed that whenever Lia needs to get another slice, Boboiboy gets it for her. When she needed water, he offered to get it for her.

He cleared his throat, catching the attention of others. "Uhm... Tony, sorry to disrupt you. Can you excuse us first? The three of us?" Tony nodded, "Oh, sure dad." He got up and walked away.

"Hon," Nathalia said as she walked over to him. "If it's about the two of them, let them be." She was referring to Boboiboy and Lia, who were both holding their hands tightly below the table.

Andres pinched the bridge of his nose, "Uhm... Wait... Lia, come with me." Lia widened his eyes, "Me? Why?" Her reply earned a sigh, "Just come." Lia turned to Boboiboy, who nodded at her. Then she went with her dad.

They both went into the kitchen; Andres started the conversation. "Out of all men, him? Why?" Lia was frightened at his tone, but she answered. "Dad, I love him. He treats me well. Isn't that enough for me to have him as my boyfriend?"

"I don't care about how he treats you. I just want to know why him? Why that Boboiboy?" Lia raised her eyebrow, "Because he's Boboiboy. He, himself, gives me a happy and healthy relationship. Isn't that enough?"

Andres rolled his eyes, crossing his arms, "A different man would've been better." Lia scoffed, "So who do you want? Fang? Aish, he's Leizel's-" He cuts her off, "I didn't drop any names! Don't talk back to me!"