Chapter 49

Chapter 49

The moment Lia opened her eyes, she gasped because she felt she was in an unfamiliar place. She groaned, "Where am I?" She was still fazed but she rubbed her eyes to be able to see more clearly.

"You're awake," She heard a familiar voice as the person walked upon her, it was Boboiboy with sadness was across his face. "Good morning, love. How was your rest?"

"Bi? Where am I?" Lia asked, stretching her arms. Boboiboy sighed, "You're at the infirmary. Do you remember anything from last night?" He then help her sit up, making sure she was comfortable enough.

Lia tried to recall; however, she wasn't able to fully recall everything. "Not much. Everything last night was all blurry to me." Boboiboy nodded, then sat on a chair that was nearby her bed and held her hands, "You had an anxiety attack last night."

The Filipina was shocked to the point she couldn't reply. Boboiboy saw how her mouth formed into an O then continued, "Fang did some tests on you last night. Your heartbeat wouldn't stop running, your limbs were numb, and your oxygen level went low. He also said you couldn't speak to him because you were overwhelmed at everything."

As Boboiboy told Lia more about it, the flashbacks came into her mind. It was last night's events, from the time she went out of her room until she fainted in Fang's arms. Tears started to form in her eyes as she looked at Boboiboy.

Boboiboy was extremely worried for Lia. He knew how it feels to be this stressed when it comes to events like these, but what made him more worried is the fact it's taking a toll on her health.

"You know you have health issues, when this keeps on going it can deteriorate your health." He said, his voice cracking a bit. "So what are you guys going to do? I can't leave TAPOPS, B. You know that, especially with what just happened. I feel like it's on me if I let something happen to you guys." Lia ranted with her voice rising a bit due to the distress.

"It's not on you, it will never be on you. You didn't know," Boboiboy emphasized as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "You're not alone here, please don't forget that. We're all willing to fight him with you; I'm willing to fight him with you. We just have to give it time, create a strategic plan that will end him."

Lia slowly nodded, understanding everything that Boboiboy just said. She sighed, "I can't lose you guys... I can't lose you, Boboiboy." The moment she said that tears fell from her eyes.

"I can't lose you either, not now or ever." He hugged her after saying that in which Lia hugged back. He caressed her hair, whispering sweet nothings in her ear that soothed his girlfriend.

Lia pulled away as she smiles at him, "Thank you so much. I appreciate you." Boboiboy smiled back then he leaned over to plant a kiss on her forehead, "Anything for you. Hehehe."

The door to the infirmary was opened, then the rest of the gang walked in. "Thank goodness you're now awake!" Yaya exclaimed in relief. Leizel rushed to Lia and gives her a hug, "You scared the heck out of me! You could've told me you were having an attack!"

"I didn't know it happened until he told me," Lia answered, hugging her friend back. "But yeah, I will. Sorry about that." She smiled sheepishly. Ying chuckled, "So... are you happy that your cousin was the one who helped you?"

"Geez, I kind of forgot about that," Boboiboy said as he scratched his nape. Gopal giggled, "Dey Lia, how do you feel knowing that Fang is your first cousin? Life-changing? Disappointing?"

Fang groaned while pinching the bridge of his nose, "Aish. You should be asking me that! I can't believe we're cousins. Out of all members of our team, she's the most unexpected!" Lia gives a sulky pout, "Don't you like me?"