Chapter 67

Chapter 67

[TW: slight panic attack]

The governor leads Boboiboy and Lia to the jail station that resides kilometers away from the palace. They have their own private vehicle to ride on and since it's on air, Lia couldn't help but admire the overlooking view of the planet. But that doesn't change the fact that she is feeling nervous.

Boboiboy, on the other hand, is a bit hesitant to face Andres. "What can that man possibly tell me?" He feels distressed because for sure, he will feel his anger again once he sees the man. But that doesn't change the fact that he will talk to him; after all, Andres requested for him too.

"Did he tell you anything about what he wants to talk about?" Boboiboy asked the governor, much to him shaking his head, "Unfortunately, no. Amato just informed me about it then Yoshi brought it up again when we saw each other."

Boboiboy sighed, feeling annoyed at his dad once again, "And he didn't bother to tell me something? My dad can be neglectful sometimes..." Lia frowned at his statement, much to her wrapping her arm around his shoulder and then leaning on him, "I'm sure he has an explanation."

Upon arriving at the jail station, the governor escorted the two to Andres' private cell. Unlike a typical jail, his cell is a private room full of technology that will prevent him from escaping. There are two guards right outside his cell just in case of emergencies.

Lia froze at the entrance; she's not sure if she's ready to see him again, especially since this could be the last time, for now, that they will be seeing each other. She feels timid yet she knows that it's now or possibly, never.

"We don't have to go in yet. I'm sure that he can wait," Boboiboy assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Your well-being is important, sayang." Hearing that nickname again made her heart melt, she felt some tears form in her eyes yet she didn't let them out because this is the wrong setting to cry about it, at least for her.

She sighed heavily and then closed her eyes. She wanted to mentally prepare herself for the sight she'll be seeing once she enters the room. She then felt someone hugging her from behind, much to her opening her eyes to see Boboiboy.

"It's okay love, you got this," He whispered to her ears, his soft voice melting her fear away. "We got this. Do remember that, will you?" He then pressed a soft kiss to her temple, comforting her with his gesture.

Lia nodded in return, then she breathed heavily to let ease herself, "Alright, let's go in." She is still fearful of what can happen but she'll never know what to do until she's in that situation. "It's about time that we should talk, heart to heart."

Boboiboy motioned to the two guards to let them in and before getting in, the governor wished them a stroke of good luck. "I'll be waiting for the both of you outside. Good luck, I hope the conversation will go well."

Upon entering the cell, the first thing Lia sees is her dad sitting on top of the bed. He has a thick metallic necklace that can prevent him from using his astral projection and by the looks on his face, he hasn't eaten much ever since Lia destroyed the generator.

Their appearance surprised him, much to him jumping out of bed, "Lia?" Lia didn't know what to do, should she go to him or just stay where she's at, that's her questioned herself. As Andres walked toward her, Boboiboy suddenly raised his hand to halt him.

"Let her go to you if she's ready," Boboiboy told Andres sternly, wary of his actions. Lia shook her head, facing her boyfriend, "It's okay, bi. I got this." She walked toward her dad, maintaining a distance between them, "Hi dad."