<2 - Just a Kid>

<Philza's POV>

Did he just pass out?!

I reach for him and gently pull him out from underneath the desk.

I feel his forehead.

Shit. He's burning up! He must have passed out from the the fever.

"....hey, uh, dad?" I look behind me.

My son holds up a picture, which I can only assume came from the pocket of this kid's mother, that shows the kid and her.

The kid is a bit younger than he is now. But there isn't another parent in the picture...

"....she doesn't have a ring.... I think she was a single mother, that means...." He drifts off, looking to the kid. I look back to the kid aswell.

".... he won't have anywhere to go," I finish for my son.

I stand up with the kid in my arms.

"Phil. Please don't tell me your gonna-" Someone starts.

"He can come with us," I cut the member of our group off.

"Phil, you can't just take the kid with you!" Another person argues.

"And what do you suppose I do, Dream? Leave the kid in a burning building!? Besides, he would still go into an orphanage because we killed his only parent!" I argue.

"His mother works at this stupid lab! We don't know what he thinks of us. He could kill us for all we know!" Dream argues back.

"He's a kid?! A thin and skinny kid at that! He couldn't do anything!" I defend.

"...dad, Dream has a point. If we take him with us, he could potentially escape and rat out our spot because of what his mother had taught him." My pink-haired son states.

"I agree with Techno. It's dangerous, dad." My other son pipes in.

"We can get him on our side if we explain wh-"

"No, Phil. We killed his mother and he knows that. What makes you think he would trust us after that?" Dream asks after cutting me off.

I look down at the boy in my arms.

One of the reasons I want him to come with us is because I felt guilty.

I'm more responsible for killing his mother... I could've stopped Techno.

I sigh, "....let's just get him outside at least."

We rush out through a back exit.

"Okay, everyone's here. Let's go-" Sapnap's gaze lands on me. "Phil. Set the kid down. We gotta go."

I can't just leave him here!

He's just a kid...

"...no..... I can't leave him," I say.

"Phil-"

"No! What if no one finds him back here?! He's only a kid! He'll die on his own!" I exclaim.

"And we'll all die if he gets us caught!" Dream glares.

"I said I am not leaving him. That's final," I glare back.

Dream sighs, "Fine. But if we get put back into one of these hell holes again because of him, that's on you."

"Fine," I huff.

"Fine. Let's go, we're losing daylight."

<A few hours of walking later>

We showed up at the hidden village we like to call "Ayrelia".

The entrance is completely hidden by a waterfall and a maze-like cave after that.

I look back down at the kid. He is sleeping peacefully all curled up in my arms.

I know I'm not going to regret taking him.

I know it.

°:•¤•:°