<9 - Traitor>

<Tommy's POV>

I'm not asleep, though I think Wilbur thinks I am. I watch and listen to their conversation. It's not eavesdropping if they know I'm in the same room as them, right?

Wilbur seems pretty obsessed with gaining my trust for some reason.

They lost their mom, too?

I don't HAVE to bond with Techno, do I? I don't think he wants to anyway. He definitely doesn't like me as much as Wilbur or Phil.

Oh shit-

"What? No, he's asl- oh shit, he's not," Wilbur looks down at me. "Sorry Tommy, did I wake you?"

I shake my head and sit up, leaning against the wall more than on Wilbur.

"I wasn't asleep at all," I say.

"Oh.... how much did you hear?" Wilbur asks.

"All of it... why?"

"Eh, no reason...." Wilbur looks at Techno

"I'm sorry about your guys' mom," I say sheepishly.

Techno looks up from his book slightly and glares at me before looking back to the book.

"Thanks, Tommy," Wilbur smiles and pulls me into a side hug kind of thing. "I'm sorry about yours."

Why is he sorry if he was basically a part of it? And they did it out of self defense?

Either way, I don't say anything about it, scared that if I do, I would start crying like a baby.

"....what happened? If I can ask," I manage to get out as I lean back into him.

"I don't know if your old enough for a story like that," he laughs slightly.

"I'm eight years old! I can handle it!" I object.

"I'm serious, Tommy. I don't wanna upset you," Wilbur states.

"You kinda already killed my mom in front of me... I think I can handle it," I try to keep a confident tone but it still falters.

"I'm sure you can. I could tell you if you'd like. Wilbur does get emotional when telling it after all," Techno says as he walks towards Wilbur's bed.

"...okay, it- that's okay I guess." I cower slightly as he comes closer.

"Techno, I don't think that's a good idea," Wilbur attempts to intervene.

"Nonsense, he is fully capable of knowing what happened, right Tommy?" Techno looks down at me.

"Oh, Uh, yeah!"

"See, he'll be fine. Now scoot over, I wanna sit down, too," Techno waves his hand at me.

I slide closer to Wilbur and Techno sits down beside me. If I'm being honest, it's kinda scary being this close to Technoblade.

"Well, it was about.... three whole years ago. Wow, time flies. We're getting old Wilbur," Techno starts.

Wilbur scoffs as his comment.

Techno begins the story, "Anyway, we were in our old village, before this one, and we were discovered by some horrible humans, aka the government. They raided our houses and brought each of us hybrids into their trucks. Our mother tried to protect us from being taken but, because of her resistence, they shot at her..."

Techno goes silent for a moment.

"They didn't mean for it to be fatal as they needed her alive, but she died right in front of me and Wil... They, then, brought us to one of the labs or whatever, and we were held captive ever since our recent breakout," He finishes.

I hear a sniffle from beside me and looked to my left. Wilbur had a few tears trailing down his face. I quickly gave him a tight hug. He holds me tightly, almost as if I was a stuffed toy of some sort.

"Thanks, Tommy...." Wilbur mumbles.

After a minute, he let go. Allowing me to sit back against the wall.

"Your mom sounds nice..." I mumble.

"She was. I bet she would have loved you," Wilbur smiles, "If you don't mind me asking, what was your mom like?"

"She was really, uh, what's the word? She's like really big on rules and chores and stuff," I wave my hands around trying remember.

"Strict?" Techno suggests.

"Yeah! She's really strict and kinda like protective. I thinks its 'cause I'm her only child or somethin'," I state.

"How was she strict?" Wilbur asks.

"She wouldn't let me do much and I had to follow, like, a lot of rules," I answer.

"Such as?" Techno questions.

"Uh, I always had to keep my room clean, homework had to be done right after school, I was never aloud to question her or have anything too sweet. She was really picky about my friends and who I'm with. Stuff like that I guess," I hold up my fingers for each reason.

"Not aloud to question her? Why's that?" Wilbur asks.

"She always got kinda mad when I asked her questions. Unless it was on homework, I didn't ask her about anything," I shrug.

"Is that why you were scared when you asked me how old I was?" Wilbur questions.

"Eh, kinda I guess..." I mumble.

"Probably a bad time to ask you, Tommy, but what happened to your dad? Has it always been you and your mom?" Techno questions.

"Techno!" Wilbur scolds.

"What? I'm curious!"

"I don't know what happened to him. I don't think I ever saw him. At least I don't remember seeing him. Mum would normally avoid anything about my dad," I answer.

I yawn, causing Wilbur to yawn as well. Techno on the other hand doesn't.

"Why do you never yawn? Like its contiguous to everyone except you?" Wilbur asks Techno.

"I'm just built different," Techno shrugs.

While they bicker, I slowly close my eyes and drift off to actual sleep this time..

<Technoblade's POV>

"Well, maybe you're the weird one. Don't assume I am-" I feel weight on my arm. I look down to see the child sleeping.

"Wilbur. Get him of me before I drop kick him in self defense," I tense up and glare at Wilbur.

"Awwe but you guys are bonding!!"

"Wilbur."

"Okay fine, geez."

Wilbur tries to gently pull Tommy away from me, but the small child grips tightly onto my shirt sleeve.

"He's like a koala. He's holding onto my shirt. Do something, Wil," I begin to panic.

"Well, I mean I could.... or I could just go get a snack and talk to you later." Wilbur stands up and starts towards the door.

"Wilbur. You. Wouldn't. Dare."

He steps outside of the doorway and closes the door after saying, "This is your chance! Have fun bonding with the gremlin, Techno!"

"TRAITOR!" I yell as I heard him run down the hall, mostly likely to tell dad.

I frown at the child.

Son of a bi-

°:•¤•:°

Thanks for reading! <3