<15 - Cookies>

<Tommy's POV>

We start out of the alley.

I see the crowd and slow my pace slightly, but Bad places a reassuring hand on my shoulder, which I slightly flinch from, making me feel okay enough to continue walking with them.

We brush through the crowd and escape from the busy part of town.

"So, Tommy, care to explain why you, a seven, maybe eight, year old is alone in an alleyway crying?" Bad asks once we arrive to a quiet enough area to make conversation.

"I, uh, got lost in the crowd, and, after I got pushed to the ground, I went into the alley," I vaguely respond, hoping they'll just let it go. Thankfully they do.

Bad seems to take the hint that I don't wanna talk about it and changes the subject.

"What kind of hybrid are you? What makes you unique?" Bad gives a friendly smile.

I visibly tense up.

What do I say?!

If I say I'm human, they'll leave me here or maybe beat me up...

No, nevermind. Bad is too kind to beat me up. I dunno about the diamond guy, though.

But they'd still leave me here!

I'd never be able to find my way back!

Okay, Tommy, think.

What hybrid would fit the way I act without showing any physical properties?

Definitely not a lamb. I move to sudden for that.

What about a wolf? They can hide they're ears and stuff. Wait, no. My eyes aren't like theirs. It would give it away.

Prime dammit. What do I say!?

"Tommy?" Bad asks with a worry look lacing his face as he slightly shakes me back into reality. "You okay?"

"Oh, uh... yeah," I look to the ground. "I'm, uh, a...." I couldn't think of something that would fit my description.

"Are you the human that everyone's been talking about?" Skeppy asks.

I tense even further and brace myself for any kind of remark. Verbal or physical. Maybe both.

"Hey, don't worry! We aren't gonna do anything," the diamond man reasures.

I look up at him and his reassuring smile.

I nod sheepishly. "How'd you know?" I ask just barely above a whisper.

"Oh, gossip spreads like wildfire around here. It's crazy how fast everyone knows anything once it gets out," Skeppy states, looking around before looking at me. "A lot of people are on edge about it, others don't believe it."

"But you're safe with us! We'll get you back home soon," Bad smiles.

Home?

Eh, I'm too tired to correct him...

°:•¤•:°

We arrive at the house.

Bad leads me in after opening the front door. Skeppy rushes in from behind us and jumps on to the couch full of neatly placed blankets and pillows.

The place is very nice. Everything inside is neat and clean while pictures of the two adults, sometimes others, line parts of the walls and some shelves.

Bad pulls out a chair for me at the kitchen table and leaves around the corner to, most likely, get a medkit or something. After a minute or two, Bad comes back with a medkit just as I figured.

"Okay, let's fix your knee up first," Bad states as he kneels down in front of me.

I nod and lift my knee up slightly. Bad carefully dabs a wet cotton ball on my leg which makes the cut sting and me wince.

"Sorry, Tommy. This should clean it though, so it won't get infected," Bad apologises.

"It's okay..." I mumble.

Bad quickly, yet gently, cleans and bandages my scraped knee and hands.

"And... done!" Bad says as he tucks the bandage on my hand under itself to keep it from unraveling.

I look at my now bandaged hands then back up to Bad, saying a quiet 'thank you' as he cleans up what is left of the medkit.

"Hey, Tommy, you want a cookie?" I hear from my left.

I look towards the sound to see Skeppy who has a jar of chocolate-chip cookies in his hand. He holds one out for me.

"SKEPPY! I just baked those this morning and you've already eaten half the jar!!" Bad yells at Skeppy.

Skeppy shoves another cookie into his mouth before answering. "Buh theh're so gud," He tries to say with his mouth full.

"Don't talk with your mouth full!!" Bad yells again before sighing angrily. "I am going to put this medkit away. By the time I get back, the jar better be back in the cupboard WITH cookies inside!"

Bad walks away around the corner again. Skeppy and I look to each other once he's gone. Skeppy then takes three more cookies, leaving two in the jar, before placing the near-empty jar back in the cupboard.

He looks back to me. "You didn't see anything, right?" Skeppy's asks playfully.

I laugh a bit before answering, "Not a thing," which makes him smile.

Bad comes back in the room as Skeppy shoves another cookie into his mouth and swallows it almost whole.

"SKEPPY! Why do you still have two cookies!?" Bad angrily askes.

"I was gonna give one to the kid! And you!" Skeppy answers, handing one of the cookies to Bad who angrily takes it and mumbles a small 'thanks' followed by something like 'you muffinhead'? Whatever that means.

Skeppy looks to me.

"Here, kid," Skeppy holds out a cookie for me to take.

"Oh, uh. No, thanks. I'm not supposed to have sugar..." I politely decline.

"Why?" Skeppy asks.

"My... mom says I can't have sugar, and I get in a lot of trouble if I do," I mumble. "So, you can have it," I smile.

Skeppy looks to Bad who looks back at him. Skeppy shrugs before biting into the cookie. Bad turns back to me.

"So, Tommy, can you explain in a bit more detail as to why you were alone in an alley?" He gently asks.

°:•¤•:°

Thanks for reading!!