<19 - Babysitting>

<Tommy's POV>

I walk down the stairs and see Techno in the kitchen like last night.

Did he even go to bed at all?

Where's Wilbur and Phil?

"Morning, Tommy," Techno greets me.

I walk in and sit down at the table. "Morning, Techno. Where's Wilbur and Phil? Is it too early or..."

"They had to go out somewhere for something. They told me to babysit you," Techno informs me. "Here, I made you some toast." Techno slides a napkin with two pieces of buttered toast closer to me. "As fun as babysitting you sounds, I have things to do today, so once your done eating, get dressed and meet me back down here."

Wow. Okay?

"Thanks," I say before taking a bite.

Wait a second.

Babysitting!?

I do not need babysat!

"What do you mean babysitting?! I'm a big man and I don't need someone always watching me!" I argue after swallowing a piece of toast in my mouth.

"I'd beg to differ," Techno states.

About 10 minutes later and I'm heading outside with Techno. We start walking out into the crowd.

Techno doesn't make me hold his hand like Wilbur does. I guess he just doesn't care as much if I get lost. I mean that's pretty fair. He never liked me to begin with, so why would he now?

I accidentally trip on my poorly tied shoe laces causing me to look away for a moment. I look back to where I last seen Techno but he isn't there.

I begin to lightly panic before a firm hand grabs my arm. I look up and see Techno glance at me before looking up.

"Stay close. I'll get in a lot of trouble for losing you like Wilbur did," Techno says as he pulls me in front of him. He holds onto my right shoulder as we pass through the crowd.

We stop at a building labeled "Sam's Forgery". Inside is a bunch of swords and metal and there is a creeper hybrid who seems to run the place polishing up an axe. He gives me a lollipop and Techno talks to him about his sword for a little while before we leave.

The road we are in now isn't as crowded as the main road was. While walking, I notice how everyone seems to look at Techno and me. A lot of them are whispering to the person or people next to them.

Suddenly, Techno stops walking, causing me to bump into him.

"I'm going inside to talk to... an old friend really quick. You can't come in here, so stay right here. Do not go anywhere," Techno states very clear.

I nod and watch him go inside a building. I stand there for a couple minutes before a kid approaches me.

He's a bit older than me. Maybe eleven or twelve. He was taller than me by a couple inches.

"Hey! Why are you hanging out with that freak?" He asks.

"Huh? Who?" I ask, early confused.