<28 - A Change of Heart>

<Tommy's POV>

Shortly after we got out of the maze, me and Dream were thrown into the back of a truck. We've been driving for about 45 minutes now by my guess. Most of the time, I've just been curled up in the far corner.

Dream stirs slightly as he awakes. He opens his eyes with a groan, "Ughh, what the fuck?" He wakes up quickly after realizing where we are. He shoots up from his laying position and looks around. His eyes land on me. "Tommy?! Where the fuck are we? What did you do!?" He glares.

Before I can say anything, Dream notices his hands are tied and begins to grow angry. He starts pounding on the doors, placing dents into the steel metal.

The loud sounds cause me to hug my knees and curl up further against the wall. "Would you stop?!" I yell at him.

"YOU! SHUT THE FUCK UP!! IT'S YOUR FAULT WE'RE HERE! IT'S YOUR FAULT ANY OF THIS HAPPENED!!" Dream rages and blames me.

"I- I know..." I mumble. "I know it's my fault. Everyone's made that obvious, but you shouldn't have gone after Tubbo like that. They weren't gonna kill him."

"You don't know that," he growls.

"They wanted me and me only," I sigh. "They had me so they didn't have a reason to hurt Tubbo."

Dream sits back down along the middle of the wall in front of me. "Why would they want a useless screw-up like you?" He grumbles and looks towards the locked doors.

"Don't get your hopes up," I state, hugging my knees tighter, "My blood was used in some experiment my mom was involved with and planned," I say with tears in my eyes.

I never really had a minute to think about the situation until now...

It's fucked up...

It's really fucked up...

Dream looks in my direction. He doesn't say anything and I don't need to look at him to know he was speechless and staring at me.

I continue spilling my thoughts like the tears spilling down my face, "That's why she was so protective of me. That's why she yelled at me for asking questions. She didn't want me to know. She didn't want me to fight against her. My mom didn't actually want me. I'm just some stupid fucken experiment," I mumble with a few choked out sobs.

While I basically have a complete mental breakdown like the attention-seeker I am, Dream sits a few feet away from me in complete shock.

"I..." He eventually speaks up,"..know a thing or two about experiments." His gaze falls to the ground as he sighs, "The reason I don't like you and treat you the way I do is because I don't want to risk Tubbo being put back into one of those labs and going through the major stuff I had to go through."

"I know..." I mutter.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

"Why?" I turn my head to look at him with confusion. "I don't blame you for anything and you have a valid reason for what you did?" I look towards my shoes as I slightly pick at the laces Wilbur tied earlier that day. "Plus you're older, so... you're right anyway."

"What?" Dream gives me a lost and confused look.

"It was one of my... mom's rules. The older are wiser or something like that..." I mumble the explanation.