<21 - A Cow Named Henry>

<Wilbur's POV>

It's been about two weeks since Tommy was basically surprise adopted against his will.

He and Tubbo continue to hang out even through Dream very much disagrees and hates the idea of a human and hybrid being friends.

He's gotten closer to Niki and he was able to hang out with Quackity and Karl, too. Karl even showed how how his abilities work. He was so excited during it. Tommy also got to see Bad and Skeppy once or twice when walking through town.

I think he's beginning to like it here.

So, I have the brilliant idea for me and Techno to take Tommy outside the Ayrelia walls to get some fresh air and take in the scenery..... without Phil's knowledge.

We are currently walking underneath the trees when Techno decides to speak up. "This is such a bad idea, Wilbur. We are going to be in so much trouble when Phil finds out," he states from beside me.

"If he finds out, Techno. If," I correct.

"When," he deadpans.

We look to Tommy who is walking in front of us by a good bit. He's far enough that he could get a running start but not enough for him to actually get away if we chase him.

"What if Tommy tries to run away? He'll rat out our spot and then what? We suffer in labs again?" Techno questions.

I respond with an easy answer, "He wouldn't. He might be a kid, but he's smart. He knows he has nowhere to go and he doesn't even know where he could get help before we catch him," I wave my hand aimlessly. "Besides, I don't think he wants to leave anyway. I think he likes it here. And, either way, with the way you threatened him, I very much doubt he would test anything," I finish.

"If you say so. You know him better than me," Techno mumbles with a sigh.

<Tommy's POV>

I can escape!

I'm pretty sure I've been in these woods before! From here, I can easily run through the trees and get to the police station!

Wait, is this a good idea?

I mean, what are the pros and cons of escaping?

Pros:

I can get away from Techno who absolutely hates me.

I can get back to everyday life as a human kid.

I can get back to school. Eh maybe that's a con. School wouldn't be too bad if the teachers were nicer and the students weren't absolute dicks.

I can.... that's about it..

Okay... Cons:

• I would be chased by Techno and Wilbur.

• Wilbur would be really mad at me.

I'd find out if Techno's threat was empty or not.

There's the possibility that I get lost and die out here all alone because I was wrong about the woods.

If I do escape successfully, people would shame me for protecting hybrids if they, one, find out they took me and, two, I didn't say where their hideout was.