<16 - Reunion>

<Tommy's POV>

Shit...

I guess he was gonna ask this eventually...

Do I tell him the truth?

I guess I have to...

I bet I'd be in huge trouble if he found out I was lying...

Here goes nothing.

"I- uh, ran away from Wilbur... and got lost," I quietly answer.

"Why did you run away?" Bad asks in a worried way.

I'm clearly hesitant to answer.

It was a stupid reason, really.

What if he gets mad because of how stupid it is and how he has to deal with me now?

"You're not gonna get in any trouble by telling me what happened. I promise. I just want to get an understanding as to how you got there in the first place," Bad reassures, almost as if he read my mind.

I quietly let out a breath before continuing my answer.

"Wilbur was taking me to meet his friends and we came across Dream and his friends. Wilbur and Dream started to fight, so I went to play with Tubbo. But then, these stupid kids came and were bullying Tubbo and pushed him into the dirt and stuff, so I scared them away and then Dream came to get Tubbo. Wilbur and Dream started fighting again and Dream said that... uh..." I hesitate.

I can feel my eyes start to water, but I quickly blink a couple times to push it back.

"Hey, it's okay. It was bad, huh? What he said?" Bad asks.

I nod.

"I'd appreciate if you could tell me what he said, but you don't have to if you don't feel up to it," Bad smiles.

I nod again before taking another breath, "He told me that I'm a no good, filthy, fucking human... just like my mom... and that I'm a burden and a nosien- nusien- nosient-" I struggle with the wierd word Dream used.

"Nusience?" Bad corrects.

I nod.

I didn't exactly know what that word means, but I know that it's bad. I always hear the adults say it when they talk about someone.

I think I know who they're talking about though because they mention my name while talking about this person. So, maybe they're a friend of mine or something.

"It's okay, Tommy, and thank you for telling me," Bad says, "Dream is... a lot of things. Quick to judge being one of them. I would know, he didn't exactly like me at first either, but now we're best friends!"

What?

Best friends? Best friends? With Dream!?

Oh shit.

Oh, no, no, no.

Now he's gonna tell Dream! And then he's gonna hate me even more!

"Hey, hey! Woah! Calm down! He may be my friend, but you don't need to worry! I'm taking your side! I promise," Bad reassures my panic. "I can take you back now if you want?" Bad offers.

Is Wilbur ready to see me?

Am I ready to see Wilbur?

I mean... I suppose I have to go.

I shouldn't bother Bad anymore than I already have.

I hesitantly nod.

After Bad tells Skeepy where we are headed, we set out for the street. Bad makes me hold his hand while we walk through the crowd.

Once we get to the middle of a small clearing in the sea of people, I can hear a familiar, albeit panicked, voice.

"TOMMY!! Fuck! I'm never gonna find him!" Wilbur calls for me as he paces around.

"Wilbur!" Bad calls, causing Wilbur to look in our direction.

Wilbur starts making his way towards Bad. Me and Wilbur make eye contact once he gets close enough. Wilbur pauses for a moment before bolting towards me.

"TOMMY! Holy shit! Never do that again!" Wilbur quickly drops to his knees to hug me but pulls away almost instantly, "Are you okay?! Where were you!? Are you- What happened to your hands!?" Wilbur inspects my bandaged up hands.

"Oh... uh, I fell... But Bad fixed me up!" I smile, although being scared Wilbur was mad.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer.

Wilbur stands up and looks to Bad.

"Thank you so much, Bad! I thought someone would've done something to him. I wouldn't have found him without you," Wilbur goes on.

Wilbur thanks Bad a million times before we say our goodbyes and start to walk home. We even stop at Niki's for a small treat.

°:•¤•:°

Thanks for reading!

Most chapters are going to be longer after this one! About 900+ words. Just so you know :)