WITH YOU TILL THE END - 7

It was 8:30 in the night when Markus was about to drive back to home and he saw Scarlett sitting on a bench, outside the building, keeping herself busy with phone. He got out of the car and strolled towards her, looking magnificent under the crescent moon.

Once he was close enough to her, he cleared his throat catching her by surprise. She lifted her gaze and almost immediately her features relaxed and she rose up from her seat, removing her earphones.

"Shouldn't you be on your way to home, Ms.Jones ?" He questioned, his voice wasn't exactly demanding but his body posture suggested otherwise.

"Uhm...I forgot to call for a cab today. I usually call it half an hour before leaving but I just got caught up in work."

"Come with me, I'll drop you." Gently, he said. Although she wanted to say yes cause it was not everyday the man she had crush on was gonna give her a ride but she couldn't.

"Thank you sir but there's no need for the trouble. I have called for a cab. It would be here shortly."

"You can cancel it, Ms.Jones. You won't trouble me." He smiled while Scarlett let out a chuckle. "And anyways I have something to talk to you about. It won't have to wait till tomorrow then." Scarlett smiled and gave him a nod.

"Thank you, sir." She thanked him and they walked side by side like a beautiful couple. He opened the door for her making her heart flutter with so much joy that it radiated through her eyes.

"So where to ?"

"Ridge Boulvard, Bay Ridge." He nodded and revved off the engine.

A couple of minutes passed by with them sitting in a comfortable silence when Scarlett asked, "What is it you wanted to talk about, sir ?"

"Markus. Call me Markus." He said. Scarlett's brows knitted in confusion. "We're not working, Scarlett." Upon hearing his words, she was recalled off their conversation earlier.

"Uhm..okay."

"So what is it you wanted to talk about ?"

"Upcoming sunday is a friend's wedding, Lewis Carter is his name. You may know him as founder and owner of Carter's Accounting firm.

"Yeah. I do."

"Well, I am his best man and in need of a date. I'll be glad if you'd join me...unless you're busy." His hopeful gaze flickered between the road and her before refocusing on the road. She was caught off guard by his sudden request. However, his words only intensified her happiness.

"Sure. I'll be glad to." She smiled and recieved one in return. "So is there any theme or something ?" She asked.

"No. Wear whatever you feel like."

"What color are you going to wear ?" Markus shifted his gaze onto her

"Maroon. I guess." He answered.
Do I have a maroon gown ? Scarlett thought. Maybe Elena does.

"If you don't have a maroon dress. You can buy one. It will be on me." Markus' voice interrupted her thoughts.

"No...no. You don't have to."

"Are you sure ?"

"I am." Scarlett smiled. Markus gave her a nod and soon after they reached her place and he pulled off the car in a parking area.

"Thank you for the ride. Please come inside." Scarlett requested.

"Sometime el.."

"I insist." Before Markus could complete his sentence, Scarlett cut him in between.
Markus sighed. "Sure."