WITH YOU TILL THE END - 19

In the kitchen, Chloe skillfully chopped vegetables while Theo focused on completing his lego puzzle when the door slowly opened and Scarlett walked in.

"Scarlett." Theo squealed, rushing into her arms. A warm smile appeared on her lips as she embraced him in her arms.

"Hey little boss, What's up ?" Scarlett asked, reciprocating his enthusiasm.

"I was playing with my lego toy. Will you join me." Theo asked politely. Just in time, Chloe appeared, welcoming Scarlett.

"Hope you slept well." Chloe smiled.

"I did. Let me help you with that." Scarlett offered, taking the knife from Chloe's hand to assist with the vegetable chopping but not before assuring Theo that she would play with him after helping her mom.

"So, when did you both start dating ?" Chloe asked, catching Scarlett off guard.

"Dating ? We are not dating. Or are we ?" She mumbled, uncertain of how to define their relationship. Chloe chuckled at her response and perplexed expressions, causing Scarlett to blush and lower her gaze.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to embarass you." Chloe apologised. "I don't know if you both are dating or not but he clearly cares for you a lot."

"He does." Scarlett smiled, mirroring the warmth she received from Chloe.

"So what are we cooking ?" She asked Chloe.

"Well, your Markus' favourite-Glazed chicken with some veggies." Chloe replied, stirring the broth. It was in that moment, Scarlett realised that she didn't even know about his likes or dislikes. Lost in her thoughts, a wave of sadness washed over her.

"Careful." Chloe warned, louder than intended as she noticed Scarlett's fingers perilously close to the knife. Her voice brought Scarlett back to reality.

"Are you okay ?" Concerned, she asked.

"Yeah. yeah." She answered, though the underlying sadness didn't go unnoticed by Chloe.

"You can tell me, Scarlett." Chloe reassured her. Scarlett gazed at her for a moment before whispering, "I claim to love him but I don't even know his likes and dislikes." Relieved, Chloe smiled.

"That's okay, Scarlett. Given the circumstances, it's understandable that you haven't had a chance to discuss those things. You'll have plenty of opportunities to get to know him better. Okay ?" Scarlett gave her a nod, visibly more relaxed "Shall we continue now ?"

"Yeah."

Soon the sound of the vehicle pulling off reached their ears and minutes later, Markus and Sam entered the house.

Chloe warmly greeted them both, while Markus couldn't help but let his eyes wander up and down Scarlett's figure, clad in an oversized shirt paired with black leggings with her hair tied in a messy bun. Blushing, her cheeks turned even redder as Markus approached him, wrapping her in his arms. She shyly hid her face against his torso, causing Markus to smile, Chloe to chuckle and Sam to roll his eyes before heading upstairs with Theo in his arms.

"Freshen up, I'll serve the food" Chloe offered as the aroma of delicious food filled the air.

___________________________________________

Markus savored every bite of his meal, appreciating the flavours that Scarlett and Chloe had brought to life.

"You know, once I told her that she will be my personal chef. She denied but here we are." Markus told Scarlett, playfulness evident in his voice. Scarlett chuckled while Chloe laughed softly.