WITH YOU TILL THE END - 20

ONE DAY LATER

"Just focus on your job and stay safe. Avoid any unnecessary risks." Markus said, gently stroking Scarlett's hair as they lay in each other's arms.

"I understand. You have told me this numerous times." She replied.

"I am worried, Scarlett." She turned and silenced his concerns by pulling him in a passionate kiss, and whispered, "Everything will be okay."

"You're not scared ?" Amused, he asked.

"I am very scared, but I know you'll be there." She confessed. Markus stared at her for a brief moment before getting on top of her. He pressed his lips against hers, and she responded, by pulling him closer and wrapping her legs around his waist. However, their intimate moment was ruined by a knock on the door.

"Damn it." He cursed, reluctantly pullimg away from her. She sat upright, composing herself. As soon as Markus opened the door, Adam muttered, "She's  here." Markus gave him a nod and Adam left. 

As Scarlett came out of the room, she saw a frightened Elena surrounded by dangerous looking man while Adam, dressed in a sleek black tuxedo, sat at the counter, sipping on his whiskey.

"Ele." Scarlett called out, rushing down the stairs.

"Scarlett ?" Elena said, confused, before embracing her. "I am so glad to see you." Scarlett gushed.

"Scarlett,what..what is going on ? I thought you were in London. And who are these people ? What are we doing here ?" She bombarded her with questions.

"Hello, Ms.Heart." She heard Markus' deep husky voice, coming from behind Scarlett.

"Mr.Hayes." Elena replied, her perplexed gaze flickered between Scarlett and Markus before settling on Scarlett for answers. Understanding the confusion, Scarlett explained, "I lied when I told you that I was in London. Ele, there are somethings happeneing here. There are people who want to harm the company, Markus and everyone associated with him." Elena gasped in surprise.

"What is police doing ?" She questioned.

"They are doing their job but they won't be able to find the actual culprit." Markus explained, leaving her to be even more puzzled.

"We are gonna catch those people ourselves and for that I need your help ? So, will you help me ?" Scarlett asked. Elena smiled faintly, still scared of the situation, "You can always count on me." Elena assured Scarlett, who smiled gratefully.

"Perfect, then we shouldn't be wasting any more time on friendly reunions." Adam remarked sarcastically. The girls frowned before Scarlett guided her upstairs.

"Don't you dare talk to my girl with that tone." Markus' warned Adam, who raised his hand up in surrender before slumping down on the couch, followed by Markus.

___________________________________________

"Ele, you're the best makeup artist that I know and today is the day when I need you the most."

"What is happening here Scarlett ? Who wants to harm him and what are you going to do ?" She asked, frustrated by her lack of knowledge of the situation.

"Ele, there are things that need a lot of explaining but now is not the time. I will explain everything to you once all this is over." Elena huffed, "Fine, once all this is over, you're gonna tell me every single thing including whatever is going on between him and you. Deal ?"

"Deal."

"Great then, lets get started. What are you wearing ?" Elena asked. Scarlett opened a box and revealed a stunning red Cocktail dress with knee length slit. As Elena laid her eyes on the dress, her mouth dropped open in awe, "That looks incredibly sexy." Elena muttered.

Scarlett changed into the dress and as she gazed at her reflection in the mirror, she was amazed, much like Elena earlier. She had seen herself in the mirror countless times, feeling beautiful, but this time she felt absolutely stunning in the dress.

Wow. She thought.

As she stepped out of the bathroom, Elena complimented, "You look so sexy without any makeover, with a little makeup, you'll be raining fire."

"That's the intention." Scarlett smirked.

"Now come on." Elena motioned her to sit.

___________________________________________

Adam sighed expressing his frustration, "Seems like Hudson would come and go and we'll still be waiting here." Markus, rolling his eyes, walked away to pour himself a drink when the sound of door unlocking caught his attention and he turned to have a look only to be left in awe.

His eyes travelled from her perfectly styled curls to blossoming cheeks to cherry red lips, accentuated by red lipstick. Then his eyes moved down to her figure, dressed in the body hugging  dress, with a tantalizing slit, revealing her soft skin.

Smiling at his reaction, Scarlett approached him gracefully, "You look gorgeous." Markus complimented. Scarlett smiled, tucking a loose hair strand behind her ears. "I can tell that by your reaction."

"That should do the job." Adam interrupted with a smirk. Markus gave him a glare while Adam chuckled and headed outside the car. Markus shifted his attention back on her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Wear this." He said, handing her a small transmittor, "We will be able to communicate via this. I'll be around. You know the drill. Right ?"

"Yeah...yeah..." She mumbled. He embraced her and whispered, "Any second doubts ?"

"None at all." She whispered back, holding him tightly.

"Then go with him. I'll follow closely behind." She nodded and walked outside.
Adam opened the car door for her, and she elegantly stepped inside. Adjusting his suit to remove any creases, Adam settled in the other side of the car.

___________________________________________

"Is everything set ?" Sam asked Markus as they met outside.

"Yeah."

"Take care of yourself and everyone." Chloe said, hugging Markus. "I will."

He asked one of the guards to drop Elena back safely, then, signalled Adam to leave while he got inside the other car with Rick and Miles.

As the night grew darker, they reached the crowded club filled with armed and muscular men keeping a vigilant watch.

"Is everyone ready ?" Markus questioned one final time through intercom.

"We are." came the unanimous response.

"So, lets get it done."

___________________________________________

Well any guess about what's  gonna happen next ?

Please do let me know in the comments.

Vote and Comment

Stay healthy
Stay safe