Change

The next morning was despite the events from last night quite normal I guess.

I woke up in the arms of Mason and had a hot shower so there wouldn't be anything bad, right?

Nope. Nothing's right.

I don't want to seem over dramatic but Raymond is just getting the worst out of me. And let's not talk about Brandon.  He's under Raymond's control so...

But my decision to break the bond with him is right. He's my past. Mason is my future.

I smiled at that thought. A genuine smile. Just thinking about a happy future with Mason let's all the worries fade.

" I love that you're finally smiling again since all these days." Mason said wrapping his arms around me from behind.  I was currently standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, only dressed in a towel after my shower.

"Yeah, it got kind of lost I guess." I answered, leaning against him and closing my eyes. "We have to attend to Ashton in half an hour. " Mason stated, kissing my neck.

I smiled and turned my head so that he was kissing my lips now. " Then stop distracting me from getting ready. " I gave him a last kiss and went out of the bathroom to get dressed. 

When I already wore my underwear, Mason came out of the bathroom  and looked at me, leaning against the wall.  "Is there something you want? " I asked, facing him.

He smirked. "Actually there are a lot of things that I want in the moment. And every thing involves you, me and the bed."

I rolled my eyes at him and continued on dressing.

Mason watched me intently while I did so. "Don't you have to get ready as well?" I asked him when I was finished. 

He was still standing there only in his boxer shorts, with his arms crossed over his chest. 

He kept quiet, just looking at me. "Hello? Earth to Mason! Get ready! " I said in a sing-sang voice and shoved him inside the bathroom to shower.

When I finally heard the water stream, I sighed in relief and chose to take some fresh air.

I opened the terrace door and went out. I closed my eyes, engulfing the freshness of the wind blowing through my hair.

When I opened my eyes again, I heard a noise comming from the forest. I didn't know what it was, but I knew that it's nothing good.

"We can go now." Mason told me from the inside. I turned around and smiled.

We walked out of the cottage and to the mansion of Ashton.

I was a bit nervous about what we'll do next and what Ashton found out.
Mason seemed to notice my nervousness, because he took my hand and gave it a small squeeze and smiled reassuringly. I smiled and squeezed him back.

A few minutes passed until we finally arrived in front of the mansion. Just when I was about to knock, Ashton approached in front of us.  "Good morning. I see you're eager to go on with our mission."

"Well, the sooner Raymond's gone the better." Mason stated.

Ashton just nodded and motioned us to follow him again.

We went all the way through the corridors and up the stairs until we eventually reached our destination: Ashton's office.

The three of us stepped in and closed the door behind us. "So, Ashton, do you have some information we can use?" I asked in business mode.

"Of course I have. Have I ever disappointed you?" Mason gave him a flat look. " Okay, except this one time I mean." Ashton clarified but Mason shook his head.