Ashton Sheffield

I dropped my hand from the glass a few seconds after Brandon left, still not aware why he did show up in the first place and how he even knew that I would be here. I wonder what happened to him, or moreover what Raymond had done to him. He seemed so different yet you could see that he was himself, if that's making sense.  It just all became so complicated and possibly won't get any easier in the future.

The sun was now shining through the balcony doors and I closed my eyes, enjoying the warmth, when some arms were sneaking around my waist and I was pressed against a chest.

"Good morning,  beautiful. "

"Good morning. " I answered and opened my eyes. I then turned around so that I was face to face with Mason.

"Did something happen? " He asked, watching me intently.

I smiled and shaked my head. "No, I just thought about Raymond again and about the meeting with Mr. Sheffield. " I lied.  I didn't want him to know that Brandon showed up a few minutes ago. I don't know why but I just had the feeling that it would be the right thing to do.

Mason looked at me with a small smile on his face and then gave me a small but tenderly kiss. "After breakfast we'll be driving further to his house and then we'll have some more information. Don't worry just yet, and enjoy the morning. " He stated smiling and headed towards the bathroom.

I sighed. As if enjoying the morning would be so easy after meeting Brandon. My mind just wouldn't stop thinking about him and what he went through while he was with Raymond, and most importantly what Raymond did to him.

When I finally stopped myself from thinking about Brandon, Mason and me got dressed and went down to the lobby and into the hotel's restaurant. I ordered some pancakes and a coffee,  while Mason ordered fried egg and bacon and also a coffee for himself. During the breakfast, Mason told me where exactly Mr. Sheffield's house was built and that around his house would be mostly nothing but trees and bushes- a forest.

I mentally asked myself why he would live alone in the forest and so far away from any other person's company,  but left it in the back of my mind.

After we paid for the room and the breakfast, both of us walked to the car and headed towards our destination. During the car ride was it quiet most of the time, just the music was playing in the background. Mason told me that it would last another three hours until we would arrive, so I just looked out the window and watched the trees and houses passing by. While I watched the sky and the clouds, Brandon made his way to my mind again. I couldn't forget his eyes, how cold and full of hate they were. But neither could I forget how he looked at me and how he reacted when I said his name. Because next to the coldness and hatred in his eyes, I also saw love and sadness in them when he looked at me. Though his blabk face was unreadable, his eyes weren't.  I knew him too good for that.

I was obviously paralysed in ny thoughts.  Because I didn't hear Mason calling my name until he touched me.

"We're here, Mia." He said quietly.

"Ouh, sorry. I was thinking. " I smiled apologetically and got off the car.

In front of me was a huge house with a dark brown roof and walls. The only light things on that house were the white curtains.

We moved towards the house and its large double doors. Just when Mason was about to knock, the doors opened theirselves. Mason and me exchanged a look and then went in. I had a bad feeling about this house and the room decor just reassured it. There were plenty of weapons on the red painted walls and statues of different creatures next to the furniture.

We stopped at the main staircase which led to the upper floors. Looking around, we waited for a few minutes until we heard someone talking.

"Welcome, welcome in my wonderful home. How can I help you, Mr. Edwards? " A man (probably Mr. Sheffield) said. He had mittle long brown hair which almost reached to his shoulders and a small beard on his chin and his upper lip. His eyes were brown and mysterious.He wore some jeans with a white buttom up shirt  and a Jacket on top.He slowly walked down the stairs until he was right in front of us. But instead of looking at Mason, he just looked at me, and smiled slightly. He then reached down and grabbed my hand, kissing the back of it.