Mia Reynolds

Only six in the morning and I have to get up, that's one of the disadvantages of being an Alpha.

Yeah, you heard right.

I, Mia Reynolds am Alpha of two united packs which are now called Raver Moon.

Now you might ask why a she-wolf is Alpha of a pack. Well, that's not too difficult to explain. I had a mate who was actually the Alpha of the pack but he died three years ago. Since then I'm leading the pack as an Alpha. Usually she-wolfs aren't allowed or good enough for the Alpha's position, but because I'm the daughter of an Alpha, which means that Alpha blood flows through my veins, I am allowed and good enough for this position. Normally, when a Luna, which is an Alpha's mate, loses her Alpha, the beta of the pack is considered for the position of the pack or the Luna takes a Choice Mate, which fate didn't choose for you, but you yourself, to be by your side and be the new Alpha. Situations like mine are rare but I didn't want anyone but me to run the pack, neither wanted that the pack itself. So how the things went, I'm now the Alpha, like I said before, and am proud of it.

The Alpha's position distracted me since my Mate, Brandon, died in a battle with vampires. It was very painful for me, but I don't want to explain or describe how everything went, you'll know it soon enough. The point is, that being Alpha made me not forget but slowly accept Brandon's death and gave me the distraction I needed not to lose myself completely. I got stronger, more serious and intimidating so that the pack members and other Alphas had respect for me. I may be a she-wolf, but I am not weak or anybody you want to mess with. I protected the pack in place of Brandon and nobody would even try to hurt them. I know this might not interest you  but it's needed to understand who I am, and why I am how I am right now, but nevertheless, let me continue with what I actually wanted to say.

At six in the morning I woke up and went straight into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day. I'd have a little breakfast and then I would go into my office to do the paperwork which needed to be done and go to hear a new report about the rogues and vampires and if they crossed my territory.

After my shower I went to my closet to grab a pantsuit with a white blouse underneath. You may think that I have no style or something, well, I'd rather be dressed normal but that's not suitable for an Alpha. Talking about the disadvantages....

Anyways , I got dressed, blow-dried my brown hair which I put in a ponytail and put some mascara , eyeliner and lipgloss on to complete my ''business'' look. I then went downstairs into our pack kitchen to make me some toast with peanut butter. No one but the warriors, beta Lucas and gamma Travis were already awake. No surprise, but it was still very quiet throughout the otherwise so noisy hallways. When I arrived in the kitchen ,I was greeted by Lucas and Travis who were eating some toast and drinking some coffee. When they saw me they bowed their heads as a sign of respect, which I replied. We didn't really talk about anything but what involved the pack. Lucas and Travis were one of the members who were already here before the actual Alpha died. Both of them always tried to lighten up my mood or to joke a little with me what I only allowed until a certain level. I know I am no fun and nothing like a person you want to goofe around with, well, not anymore, but that's none of others business, so nobody ever talks about how I was in the past, only to their luck.

''Good mornin' Alpha! You want some toast too?'' Lucas, my beta, asked me.

''Sure, but I don't have much time, I need to go to the office.'' I replied.

''The breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you should at least eat a good breakfast.'' Travis, my gamma, said.

I hesitated for a moment but nodded and told him.
''Okay, but not too long. Besides, you both have also duties to do, so don't eat too long.''