Not Easy

Mason's POV.:

She didn't say those words, did she? I heard her words again and again in my head.

"This won't ever work between us."

"This might be the worst mistake I've ever done, but it's the best for everybody. "

"I'll leave today because I can't stand seeing you with the feelings I have."

But one thing hurt me the most and made me completely happy at the same time.

"I'll know I'll care for you the most if we continue this, and this can't happen because of my pack."

I think she said it this way but I'm not sure, I blanked out a bit when she told me that this won't ever work between us. I just can't understand why she chose to do this. It's just not fair! Everything was perfect until I told her that we're choice mates. Damn wolf, why did you do this ?!

"Because she's perfect for us ! And now shut up and fight for her! We need her as much as she needs us but she doesn't admit it. She hides behind her position as an Alpha , but inside she's just scared to lose one she loves most again." My wolf , Gray said.

"How in hell do you know that? I know it hurts that she rejected us in some way but I can also understand her. She leads a pack on her own, as a female. She can't just drop everything for love. And nobody understands her more than I do but it's just the wrong way!"

"You don't have to tell ME that! Tell it HER! Fight for her!" Gray shouted at me.

"No! She made the decision, and has to live with it now. She'll come back! I know it!"

"Stop being so damn stubborn! She won't ever come back on her own! She's too loyal to her pack to let any feelings change her and distract her. YOU have to show her that it's okay to have feelings and at the same time to lead a pack! She won't find it out herself, it's the only way both of you/us can be happy again!." Gray declared.

He was right, none of us will ever be happy again if we'll loose our second mate. And I also want, need and have her, it might be the mate bond which got stronger after we slept with each other, but I kind of start to love her, and I'm not willing to loose her, that made Gray clear, and he doesn't want it too.

"Okay, I'll fight for her!"

Mia's POV.:

I stopped crying after I knew how to handle it again, but it just hurt so much inside. Reign was furious with me and blanked out so that I couldn't connect with her anymore. Damn choice mate thing! Why had that to happen?! I just came here to eliminate those fuckin' vampires and not to find my choice mate which is the damn Alpha!